16

As Maya and Edward were in another room, Carlisle was looking for the cause. But he found it within seconds. There was a lighter in Maya's room. This was no accidental fire. It was arson. 

"Honey please stop crying you'll get sick," Edward whispered. 😳😵 Edward didn't realize why that was a bad idea. Esme rushed her to the bathroom and kissed her cheek after she finished getting sick.

"Dad won't let anything happen to you. Come on. You can lay down in dad's room," he promised but then Alice had a vision and he shuddered at it. It was a grown up Maya in love with Caius, Marcus, Aro and Carlisle. Gross. 

"Edward? What's wrong?" 

"Nothing. Alice just thought something weird," he answered. Alice's vision changed again and he sighed in relief. "Okay that's tolerable," he breathed. 

"What did Alice see?" She was curious now.

"Nothing. You just focus on keeping your stomach settled. For now you can sleep in mine and Esme's room," Carlisle calmed. She nodded and Esme hugged her tight. "Alice can you take Maya out for a girls day?" Alice nodded and Maya groaned as she was pulled out. As soon as the car was gone he sighed. "Someone set her room on fire. Who has something against Maya and knows where we live?"

"Jessica wouldn't. But I'm more concerned for her," Renesmee answered.  She wouldn't go.

"She's my daughter. I will be there for her," Esme warned. Carlisle smiled and they saw Alice walk in again and Maya followed before going to Esme. "What happened to your girls day?"

"Spa is closed. I don't know what to do," Alice answered. Esme smiled and took Maya up to her room and wrapped her in a blanket.

"What do you want to do?"

"Movies?"

"How about an old favorite? Beauty and the beast?" Maya nodded at Esme and Carlisle smiled as he prepared about snack dish for them and took it up. But as he was about to leave, Maya grabbed his shirt. "Please stay?" He nodded and hugged his girls.

"You cold?" She nodded and Esme helped him put the quilt up to her chin. "You tell me what you need. I'll help fix it," he calmed. Carlisle kissed her head and he smiled. As the movie ended he saw Maya has fallen asleep. "Don't worry Maya. Daddys here and won't let anyone or anything harm you. No fires and no injuries. Rest your head. Its time for bed," he whispered. Esme smiled and kissed Carlisle while watching a small smile appear on Maya's face.

"How is she?" Edward looked worried. As he walked in he dimmed the lighting so Maya wouldn't flash up.

"She's okay. Just needs to sleep some of this stress off. How's the clean?"

"Her room is a blank slate. We will rebuild it. But she needs her parents. Because it's funny. No matter how many people say she's disappointing her adopted parents she gives the most amazing girl answer. She says and I quote 'You speak trash about my mom and dad, but you are looking for a hospital trip. I will not let you talk trash about them. Daddy cares about me about and sadly would save you all even if you trash him. Now mom is one person I will practically kill you for hurting her. ' She loves you all to bits. She defends you," he chuckled.

"My little princess. Violent when we are the targets." Carlisle was impressed.

"Let's give her the world," Esme sighed in amazement.