6

4 months later in Esme's POV

I was super excited for today. It was Maya's birthday. Of course, we splurged on her. She deserved to be spoiled. The poor thing went through hell. She currently was playing with Emmett on the X-box playing football. A list of stuff me and Carlisle got her was:

-books

-lots of stuffed animals

-leather clothes (because like daddy she's a bit punk rock)

-pajamas with it's own wardrobe (she just adores pajamas)

From Emmett and Rosalie:

-Black boots (to match daddy's punk rock)

-hair elastics

-hair dye (wash-out I pray)

-Customized X-box controller with her name in purple on it (no clue who would get her that)

-footies (Told you she was a pajama lover)

From Jasper and Alice:

-tons of clothes 

-Playground

-Indoor jungle gym (we all knew the large room downstairs would come in handy)

-blankets

-desk designed like daddy's

From Edward and Bella:

-toys

-indoor fort to go in the same room as the indoor jungle gym

-coloring books

-painting set

-leapfrog learning toys

Carlisle was finishing the cake. We actually made her cake instead of ordering it. We learned she was a marble cake fan. So when it was done I let the boys torture her. "Happy Birthday," Edward chuckled. She growled and hid under our blanket. We let her on the couch last night and let's say scar cream and sleeping were not happening. She was vicious last night. 

"I guess somebody doesn't want presents," Carlisle called out. Oh, that motivated her to get up. She rolled around and fussed with the blanket. 

"Carlisle," I scolded. I watched as Jasper caught her as she fell off the couch and he pulled her out. Jasper handed her the presents as he finished Maya's cake and her face was amazing. The joy was clear across her face and giggles were shared. Emmett and Maya began playing a football game on the X-box while Jasper and Alice went to put the clothes away and Rosalie did Maya's hair with some purple. Yeah now my daughter had a whole purple head and it's permanent so this is the fun part. She's married that color for about a year. When it was getting late I saw Carlisle go full on daddy mode and pick her up. He got her scar cream on and put her in a new pair of footies and it was a panda bear footy set and Maya fell asleep. 

"My precious little panda," he cooed into her ear. We all made her smile and a new record for me: I can actually bathe her and put the scar cream on. She won't freak out. I watched as Carlisle stayed close to her and I joined in on it. She was out like a light and we just enjoyed having the cuddle. That was the best gift I could ask for on her birthday. 

(A/N Hey look at that double update in 1 day! Anyways share this book please I'd like to get it known!)

-