13

As the game continued Maya was paying attention away from the game and it was getting noticed.

"Maya?" Esme was worried. Carlisle looked and chuckled. Maya had tendencies to get distracted. He threw a spare baseball at her head and it froze inches away. "Okay good."

"Relax I'm just thinking about something. I mean it's not a huge deal but it's still something," she assured. 

Carlisle knew Maya thinking about something meant someone had gotten under her skin and unraveled everything that was pure. 

"What's wrong Maya?" Edward knew too and was extremely protective of his little sister. 

"It's nothing. Go back to playing," she dismissed.  

"No Maya. Talk," Esme answered. 

Carlisle looked in her eyes and knew. Maya had recently met a little sister of the Stanley family. She already didn't like her. "Is it her again?"

"Yeah," she admitted. 

"Maya she's just being a little brat," Edward reminded. 

"Who?" Bella was curious. 

"Jessica's little sister," Renesmee scoffed. As much as Renesmee hated Maya she also knew Maya had feelings. 

"Oh. Maya she's just angry that Jessica didn't get Edward and that I did," Bella explained. Maya nodded and then heard something she hadn't heard before. She began using her powers and Carlisle could tell. Her eyes changed color. 

"Maya?"

She didn't answer but followed it. When she got to the bushes she saw it. A tiny kitten was injured. She picked it up and used her healing magic. "You poor thing," she whispered to it. Carlisle saw it and knew where it was going. 

"No Maya," he warned. 

"Please daddy," she whimpered with her lip quivering. Esme and Carlisle were weaklings to it. Esme was trying hard to resist. 

"Let her grandpa!" Everyone looked at Renesmee. Carlisle sighed and nodded. 

"You can keep it," he chuckled. Maya smiled in victory and went with Renesmee back to the house to go nurse her new kitten back to health. 

"You are putty in that girl's hands," Esme chuckled. 

"I know. But I've never seen Renesmee team up with Maya. Plus Maya's literally got a fondness for animals. Plus I have a surprise for her 14th birthday coming up," he chuckled. 

Esme couldn't wait to see what it was. Because if Maya could make him bend to getting a kitten it would be interesting to see what else she could pull.