9

As Maya was still sleeping Carlisle felt his heart wrench every way with it. He knew she was in pain. Lucky him he brought a few powders that helped with sickness. He always anticipated ahead of time. One thing he liked about it too was that he had prescribed sleep medications in them too. He grabbed the sippy cup, milk, and powder and began on it. He was going to wake Maya soon and make her drink it. Edward and Bella agreed with him. The best thing for her right now is resting.  When he finished getting the milk quite warm he dumped the powder in and kept shaking it until he saw a good amount of foam bubbles. "There we go." He walked out with it and put his hand to Maya's head. She was scalding. "Maya wake up," he cooed. She rubbed her eyes and shook her head. He sat her on his lap and tilted the cup to her mouth. "Drink this babe. It'll make you feel all nice and sleepy"

Slowly she did and looked around. "Is she?" Carlisle saw Emmett's worried face.

"Don't worry Emmett. She'll be fine."

He then felt the weight on his stomach increase. He looked and saw Maya became a dead weight in his arms. The cup was empty and her face was snuggled into his shirt.  Emmett handed Carlisle her blanket and he wrapped her in it.  He turned on the news on a low volume and watched it until she woke up. When she did she just continued pushing on him. "No comfy," she muttered.

He smiled and adjusted his body so she had nudging room on the actual couch and she fell fast asleep again. "Such a prize," Edward chuckled. 

"My prize," he claimed. 

"Easy Carlisle. I know she's your prize. Just don't kill her," he chuckled. Carlisle had his hand over her nose. 

"Sorry princess," he cooed while kissing her cheek and she was fast asleep again. 

A/N Sorry but I needed a filler chapter!