Chapter 33: The Lingering Past

"I AM YOU, YOU ARE ME...".

-Mana P.O.V- (few days later)

Today is Sunday...I'm staying inside my bedroom, of course to play games. The club activities running smoothly. My cellphone ringing, it's Momoi. "Mana-chan, are you free today?". "Yes, why?". "Let's go to the amusement park!!", Momoi shouted. "Alright, alright don't shout", I exclaimed.

"So are you in?", she asked. "I don't know why?", I asked hastily. "Aka-chan is coming too you know~", Momoi said teasingly.

"Aka-chan...she meant Akashi, right?", I questioned myself.

"Sure, I'm in", that words suddenly escaped from my mouth. "Yayy!!!", Momoi voice almost broke my eardums. "Don't shout Momoi, you can break my eardums". I cursed myself for letting my inner wish emerge. See you at 11 then", she smiled then close her phone.

"Eleven? It's seven now...guess I have to get shower first".

-Mana P.O.V- (few hours later)

"It's already eleven...where the others?".

"Mana?", a familliar voice startle me from behind, it's Akashi.

"A-Akashi!! You startle me", I gasped.

"Sorry", he answered.

After that the others showed up, one by one. "Okay guys!! Let's go!!", Momoi charged in. I along with Akashi, only sighed along the way. First is roller coaster, Momoi and Daiki in the front seat, Tetsuya and Kise behind them, I'm in the middle with Akashi, and Murasakibara with Midorima behind me.

The others shout, while me and Akashi only put up a flat face. Next is merry go round, Momoi forced Daiki to get on the Merry go round along with Tetsuya and Ryota. Once again, me and Akashi only sighed. Fortunately we decide to stay out from the Merry go round, it's childish you know.

"There's no way I'm getting on that thing", I snorted.

"Mana, I...want to talk to you", Akashi poke me.

"Yes?", I intrigued.

"I-".

"Mana!!", Daiki cut off his words.

"Oh dear, Akashi look pissed off", I stared Akashi darkened expression.

"Akashi, you-".

"Nevermind", he retard.

We played a lot, I'm getting tired.

Momoi next plan is...unfortunately ghost mansion is not my field of expertise. "I'm out", I grimaced. "Oh no you won't Mana-chan!!!", Momoi pulled me. "NO!! GET OFF FROM ME!!", I struggle from Momoi grasped. "Momocchi...just let her be", Ryota tried to stop her. "I know a great idea!!", Momoi smiled mischievously at me. He pushed both of me and Akashi to the ghost mansion.

"Have fun!~", Momoi said teasingly.

"Momoi you-!?".

"Let's go", he suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Akashi, what are you-".

"We better move fast", he said.

"Why?", I replied.

"I don't want you to pass out", he sighed.

"Don't insult me!!", I growled.

"But that is the fact, true?", he smirked victoriously.

I'm speechless, unable to reply back. I'm boiling with anger when suddenly a ghost with long hair startle me.

"EEEEKKKK!!!!", I gasped.

"Watch out!", he grabbed me when I was about to fall.

"Akashi, thank you...", I smiled.

"If you really that scared...close your eyes, I will lead the way", he said obnoxiously.

"Oh...sure", I obeyed his words.

He lead the way, while I only close my eyes.

"I'm scared...Akashi".

"Do not worry...you'll be alright", Akashi words encourage me.

"Thank you...", I blushed.

The sunset shine directly to my face.

"We're out now, open your eyes", Akashi instructed.

I slowly opened my eyes, Akashi is right in front of me with a kind smile plastered on his face.

"You should be at ease now Mana", he smiled.

My face flushed, when he see my face, a pink tint appear on his face.

"Thank you", I said it.

"Surely, how many times have you said thank you?", Akashi facepalmed.

"Oh uh...sorry", I blushed.

"What happen? You're...quite different today", he look concerned.

"Nevermind!", I run off.

"Mana! Where are you going!?", Akashi shouted.

"Tell the others that I go home earlier okay?", I sighed.

"Mana!".

*  *  *

I'm out from the amusement park, but my feet couldn't stop running.

"My chest hurt! I can't hold it in anymore! I love Akashi!".

"Hey!! Watch out lady!! The lamp turn red!!", few passerby shouted at me.

"What are they talking abo-".

A high speed car is...going to struck me.

"Asano-kun...".

I can't move...I felt it...deja vu...am I going to die like Asano-kun?

"What do you think you're doing!?", a familliar voice shouted. Pair of strong arms circling my waist and avoid the car. The car crashed on a pole, the pair of arms belong to Akashi.

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE THAT BADLY!?", Akashi hollered.

"I..I'm sorry...", I stuttered in fear.

Akashi seems to know what inside me head...deja vu...remembering Asano-kun dead make me froze. I might even end up like him, if Akashi didn't save me.

"Let's go home", he stroke my head gently.

Akashi pick me up like a princess, I can't move...still shock. He wipe my tears. "Sleep Mana", he ordered. After crying too much, my eyelids feel heavy, I'm not even resisting his order, I'm too tired to fight back. But before I fall asleep completely, Akashi mumbled, "Don't waste the life that Asano gave to you".