Chapter 12: I'm Scared

-Mana P.O.V- (timeskip)

The midterm exams have passed...now we're just waiting for our results. Thr basketball practice continued as usual after that. "Ne Mana-chan, why don't you try playing for once?", Momoi smiled. "Me? Against them? It's tiring, I don't want to", I denied. "But I really wanted to know more about how you play!! I want to analyze your skills!", Momoi eyes sparkling.

"Play? Sounds good to me", Aomine smirked. "Manacchi! Let's have one on one!!", Ryota grinned. "Wait, wait! Hold on a sec! One on one with Akashi was terrible enough for me", I blurted. "You have one on one with Akashi-kun? That's new", Tetsuya stared blankly. "Akashi you say? Interesting", Midorima fixed his glasses.

"Now, now why do you have to tell them our privacy?", Akashi snorted. "Huh? But that's true! What's so privacy about it?", I looked at him, confused. "Mana-chan, if Aka-chan ask to have a one on one with you, that means he acknowledge you", Momoi whispered. "Really? I am honored that someone acknowledge my skills, especially the emperor himself", I smirked

"Don't get cocky idiot, back then I haven't show you my true power", Akashi sneered. "Same with me then, Akashi", I glanced at him. "Cut it out will ya?", Aomine look pissed off. "Let's get to the game", Murasakibara said. The team divided into two teams, Akashi team and mine. Akashi are with Midorima and Murasakibara. My team are Tetsuya, Ryota, and Aomine.

"You sure about that?", Aomine asked Akashi, his team is incomplete afterall. "I will win, that is absolute", Akashi grinned. Momoi throwed the ball up, Aomine and Murasakibara raced to reach the ball, unfortunately due to Murasakibara height, he got first.

"Pass", Akashi ordered Murasakibara to pass. Murasakibara nodded and passed it to Akashi. "I won't let you!!", Aomine rushed to Akashi, only to get screen from Midorima. Ryota and I tried to steal the ball from Akashi, but he's being able to run through of our defense, luckily Tetsuya able to steal it from Akashi because his lack of presence.

Tetsuya passed it to me, I carried the ball when suddenly I felt a huge thump in front of me, Midorima. He guard me, I'm scanning the situation to find a way out when suddenly Midorima accidentally hit my head with his elbow. "Manacchi!!", Ryota shouted hysterically. "Mana-chan!!". "Mana -chin!!". Blood suddenly flowed.

Damn, they're so noisy...my sights were swallowed by the darkness.

* * *

"Am I dying?", I looked around. I touched my head, it was bandaged, but by who. "Are you alright?", Midorima came. "Midorima...", I stared him blankly. "I bandaged your head, you'll be alright", he said sternly. "Thank you Midorima", I smiled.

"I'm sorry", Midorima looked guilty. "It's alright, it's just an accident", I calmed him down. When I about to leave, Midorima stop me. "Mana, Akashi told me to accompany you on your way home", Midorima said sternly. "What? Where are the others?", I asked.

"They went home earlier", Midorima said fixing his glasses. "How cruel, they left me!", I snorted. "Actually they're waiting for you in Maji Burger", Midorima sighed. "I see, they're not so bad afterall", I grinned.

"I'm thirsty", Midorima sighed. "I'll find a vending machine, wait here. I'll get some", I sighed deeply. I was looking for a vending machine and then I came across a kid, who suddenly ran to me and cried. "Help me!", the kid scared, he grabbed my shirt really hard.

A bunch of punks came into my direction, one of them bring a knife. "Hey chick, what's up? Wanna play with us?".

"Who might you be?", I stared them coldly.

"Owh...you don't need to know our names woman, just come and play with us", one of them grabbed my shoulder. I quickly shove his hand.

"Get your dirty hands off from me", I snarled.