Chapter 50: Life Continues...

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~

Hassan

"I thought you would never come to meet me. " I sat there at the corner of this jail.

"I needed answers!" Sheharyar Ali was here to talk to me.

"Should I laugh at my destiny or should I pity at your condition? Because its been 6 months you have been asking the same question and I have been giving you the same answer, and tomorrow is my case in court and you are here again with the same question. " I walked over to him and he stood there still with same anger and serious expressions.

"I just came for one last time, if you have changed your mind...." he asked and I laughed.

He was then about to leave when I spoke.

"I know tomorrow I would be given the punishment of hanging till death, so yeah! Today I wanna tell you the truth. "

He stopped in his tracks and I looked down at the weird patterns I had made on the floor.

"Haarib is your brother! " I didn't looked up to see his response because I know he would be surprised.

"Pata hai! Meri maa ko tune ya tere baap ne ya mere baap ne nahi mara tha... un ko us guilt ne mar dala tha jo burai unho ne teri maa k sath ki thi.... jab un k sath bhi wahi hua jo unho ne teri maa k sath kia tha, being thrown out of the house by your husband is a not a small thing.... "

I took a deep breath.

"Meri maa ne marty hue mujhe ek baat kehne ko kaha tha tujhe.... mai toh apne badlay ki hawas mai yehi bh gaya tha k us ki ek akhri khuwahish bhi thi jo mujhe puri karni thi..."

"Kia?" His voice was a whisper.

"She ....folded her hands...and asked forgiveness... from your mother...and...from you!" I looked his way and he was just standing there astonished.

"She wasn't a whore or some kind of cheapster.... she was just....in love....
Han bas piyar kisi galat admi se kar baithi thi woh... " I stood up and folded my hands in front of him.

"I too ask for forgiveness.... ho saky toh mujhe mere gunnaho k liye muaaf kar dena. " an unwanted tear escaped my eye and he just nodded.

"Sir! Time for visit is over. " the police standing at the door said. He was about to leave.

When he was out of the cage of jail, I called him.

"Aj tak mere bhai ka khayal tum ne bhai ban k rakha hai.... aj us se yeh soch k nafrat na karne lag jana k woh MERA BHAI HAI... he has nothing to do with these. " I stopped and then said.

"Ek gunahgar ki akhri khuwahish samajh k sahi.... mujhe aur meri maa ko maaf kar dena...aur...mere haarib ka khayal rakhna..."

He left and I sat back there with tears scrolling down my cheeks.

Mom! I have done your job. I am coming to meet you soon. Just a few more hours.

And I'll find my peace!

-----

Soha

"Yar zarnab itna acha nam hai. Bus final karo isay! We'll call her zarnab. " I picked up the baby girl from the cart and hold it carefully in my arms.

She is just so beautiful. Just like her father. Her sparkling eyes and beautiful smile.

But her nose is on her mother. Small and Cute.