Chapter 21

I watched a black haired girl standing at the altar with an older version of Joey, both smiling as they were getting married. With a sigh and tears running down my face, I looked up at the man next to me. 

  "Daddy, who is that?" I asked. 

  "That's you, Nicole. Or what would've happened if you'd held on a little longer." He responded, giving me a sad smile. 

  "I don't get it... Was all of this, all I've been through with Joey, was it just a dream? I-I don't get it, I don't remember, when did I die?" I asked, sad and confused. 

  "Sweetheart, you committed suicide the day before you would've met Joey in the park for the first time. All the time you spent with him was a vision of what could've been if you'd stayed alive. Everyone who kills themselves get those visions... It's the requirement for you to get to heaven, to see what could have and should have been." 

  "W-wait, what happened to Joey?" I asked, the realization hitting me that I'd saved his life. 

  "Nothing yet, it's only been seconds since you died. But... Without you there, Chloe will pressure him into going out with her. He'll actually start to have feelings for her, as she can put on quite a charming show, but when he reveals his cancer to her she's going to leave him without a second thought. He'll die broken-hearted, but get into heaven easily. He won't know any of what you've seen though." Dad explained. 

  I didn't reply. If I'd just stayed alive Joey would live a long happy life, because of me now he'd die too soon, and with a broken heart... I had that much effect on a life, that didn't even seem to have anything to do with me? 

  Dad smiled at me. "Good, you've realized what you need to. Now you have two choices, you can go to heaven and live happily there forever. Or you can go to earth again, either in a reincarnated form or as a sort of ghost or angel." 

  I thought for a moment. "What's the angel ghost option like?" I asked. 

  "You'd be generally invisible and unable to touch anything. You'd have all your knowledge and memories, yet to do any good you'd have to find out how to be noticed. If you were reincarnated you'd just be born again as a baby with no knowledge or memories." Dad told me. 

  I thought for a while. Wouldn't it be so nice to just go to heaven? Escape the world I'd been in, and wait for Joey to come? We could be friends, and live happily together for eternity. And Dad was here too, the one who'd always loved me. 

  But Joey deserved better... I couldn't let Chloe abuse him. What would I do, me or him? 

  With a finality, I looked up at my dad. "I love you Daddy, I want to stay with you." I said, "But after seeing what I saw I want to go back as an angel ghost and help Joey. Even if I can't save his life, I can't let Chloe have him." 

  Dad looked at me with a proud smile. "That's my little angel." He said, patting my back. 

  I smiled back at him, then felt myself fade away, heading back to earth. 

*This is seriously something that just came to me now! Random ideas that I follow... xD Anyways, book two is coming soon!!!! Like... As soon as I publish this and write the chapter, while I feel like writing. And yes, NICOLE  DIED AND NEVER MET JOEY!!!! Mwahahahahahaaaa..... *coughs* Yeah ok, book two is called "Just A Little Angel" and continues the story!!!*

** https://jaciknight.blogspot.com/ **