Chapter 12

Uh oh... I picked up my phone and hesitantly answered. I regretted that immediately. 

  "Why on earth have you been skipping school? Why is your window broken and bathroom door too? Where are you, and where did you get a phone? I swear if you used my money on that phone you're dead and you're paying for all that damage to my house, you ungrateful destructive little-!" I didn't hear any more after that because Joey snatched my phone away. 

  "Hello Mrs. Moors." He said coldly. "Yes I'm sorry for interrupting you... Sorry Nicole isn't coming home... No she's not dead and it's a good thing... She's coming home with me and staying with me... Fine I'll pay for the damage... She is not!... My gosh you are such a awful wretched woman you do not deserve to be mother now shut your horrid sewer mouth and leave us alone!" He hung up. The phone began ringing again and again, but we both ignored it. 

  "W-wha..." I started to say, but Joey cut me off. 

  "Don't say I shouldn't pay because I did break the window and door, and I'm not sorry for what I said." 

  "N-no I- Thanks." I stuttered. 

  "What for?" He looked confused. 

  "For standing up to my mom and breaking stuff." I said, "Mostly because breaking stuff takes money from my mom so she'll have bad headaches and stuff if she can't afford more alcohol, but also a little for saving me." I rambled a little, I do that when I'm nervous. 

  Joey grinned. "So you aren't mad at me?" 

  "No! Why would I be?" I asked. Really, why would I be mad at him? 

  "Uh because everything your mom yelled about was because of me?" 

  "Oh yeah, your also the reason she can yell at me." I stated, since it was true, and it'd make him feel better. 

  "Hm good point. So are you going to miss school again? Today's wednesday and we can still make it to school if we try?" He suggested. 

  School... Chloe... She said she'd beat me up or worse if I was at school instead of dead... I realized I'd been holding my breath and staring wide eyed at nothing in particular. 

  "Nicole?" Joey asked, concerned. 

  "S-sorry I don't know actually no I can't I don't wanna be behind on homework but if I go back then Chloe will-" I rambled a minute before snapping my mouth shut. 

  Joey's forehead wrinkled. "What will Chloe do?" He asked. 

 "She.. Said... That she'll beat me up or worse if she sees me alive again!" I said quickly. 

  "Nicky... I'll be with you every step and Chloe will not lay a finger on you, or I'll send her to the hospital." Joey said, hugging me. 

  "I-I'll try... I guess." I was secretly hoping that Joey would really send Chloe to the hospital, which was the only reason I agreed. 

*Still so sorryy that I haven't been updating much! But... I'm gonna be selling a kindle book so I've been busy on that and got it done!!! And also kinda haven't been feeling good and didn't wanna write much... (Probably would've been something along the lines of, "And everyone suddenly burst into flames and died painful deaths and didn't come back as ghosts or go to heaven THE END BYE!" Because my writing can be like that sometimes if I don't feel good...) And now I'm just rambling on worse than Nicole xD So bye I'll try to update more and longer soon :P*