Chapter 14

The next day, and I was absolutely terrified. Joey had said that I should go to school anyway, because Chloe probably wouldn't be there. Also something about needing to be prepared for my future so school was important, but considering that future was such an uncertain topic that comment was irrevelant. 

  I probably looked a bit suspicious, peeking around corners and jumping at shadows, but I wasn't about to risk the Chloe-gang's revenge. 

  "Hey!" I jumped and shrieked at the voice behind me. 

  "Oh, sorry if I scared you!" It was a super girly looking girl, complete with curly hair, pink sparkles, and bubblegum. "I'm Amelia, today's my first day here." 

  "Oh um hi!" I said, still a bit flustered. 

  "What's your name?" She asked with a small giggle. 

  "Oh, I'm Nicole." I replied. 

  "Nice to meet you! You're my new best friend, come on where's the english class? Oh, is that first for you too? Wait of course, we're best friends and like we share every class just like in movies!" She chattered and grabbed my hand, pulling me down a random hall actually away from english. 

  "Um uh you don't wanna be my friend, and english is the other way..." I murmered. 

  "Hey, don't say that! Why wouldn't I want to be your friend?" I wasn't listening by the end though. As we turned the corner, there was Chloe's gang, waiting by the english door. 

  "Uhhh Amelia I-I can't go this way!" I squeaked and tried to back up. It was too late though, they'd seen me and started our way. Amelia was staring at me in confusion, apparently unsure why I was acting so weird. 

  "Heyo, ugly." One of the girls, Milsey I think, said with a sneer. 

  "Uh no bye!" I muttered and turned away. 

  "Um, nope!" She grabbed me and shoved me into the wall. 

  "Hey, girls, girls! No need for all this, what's the problem?" Amelia asked, slightly panicked. 

  "Who's your friend? Oh wait, you don't get friends, who is that?" Milsey asked as the other girls closed us in a circle. 

  "I'm Amelia. Now, um please ladies what is the problem?" 

  "Awesome. Maybe ugly here would like to explain."

  I wasn't so sure Milsey would like my explaination, people like her didn't tend to like the truth. Oh well, I can try, right? "Sure. She and her friends are all bullies-" Of course I was cut off there with a boot to the stomach. Seriously, did that girl have metal toed boots? 

  I held back any noise and doubled over, hearing a gasp from Amelia. "Alright, let's get some truth in here shall we?" Milsey said loudly, "Well this freak here is a witch and has somehow bewitched a nice boy who one of my friends likes. Her magic caused him to reject my friend, and later beat her up. Oh, and ugly freak?" She directed her attention to me. "I just got a text from Chloe, like, right before you got here. There's this video she wanted you to see." She then dug her phone out of her bag and shoved the screen into my face. 

  There was Joey, in his room, looking at the camera in frustration. "I won't do that." He said firmly. 

  Then Chloe's voice, "Do it if you love her." 

  "I said, I WON'T do it!" 

  "Then you don't love her?" 

  "Stop trying to get me to-" 

  "Hon, it's simple. Do it of you love Nicole." 

  "No!" 

  Then the video cut off.