Epilogue

"Brother, you're going to pace a hole in the floor if you don't calm down," Jaime told Tyrion nonchalantly. Tyrion glared up at Jaime as another scream pierced through the night. "Is that Mother?" Alyss asked, her eyes wide with concern and fear. Tyrion gave the girl a tight smile. "I'm afraid it is, Alyss." The now twelve-year-old girl bit her lip.

"She's certainly screaming a lot," Liam commented. Jaime leaned down and ruffled his hair. He had grown much taller in the year or so that Lyra and Tyrion had been married. "Well, Liam, bringing life into the world is rather painful for a woman. You'll learn all about it when you're older." Liam shook his head adamantly. "No. I'm going to be a knight in the Queensguard. I will have my vows." Jaime and Tyrion chuckled at his seriousness.

Another scream made the four people standing outside the room jump. Lyra had been in there for hours. "I thought these things were supposed to happen faster with each child," Tyrion muttered. He was beyond worried. He had been since Lyra told him she was with child. What if she gave birth to a dwarf? What if she suffered the same fate as his mother? Tyrion wasn't sure he could handle losing her so soon.

"Is she going to be alright, Father?" Alyss asked, taking Tyrion's mind from Lyra for a moment. Both children had taken to calling him "father" and each time, it warmed his heart. "I am certain she will," he replied, although he could tell she didn't believe him. He reached over and patted her hand to try and reassure her. The screams stopped. The corridor seemed so quiet then. Quiet and still. Then, a tiny cry was heard.

Tyrion was beside himself with worry and resumed his pacing until Jaime reached out and stopped him. "Tyrion, Lyra will be fine." Tyrion opened his mouth to argue but the door opened swiftly. "You may come in now, Lord Tyrion. Lady Lyra is decent." Tyrion practically pushed passed the Maester. There, on the bed they shared, was Lyra holding not one, but two small bundles. She glanced up and gave Tyrion a tired smile.

"It seems we have been doubly blessed, husband." Tyrion stared in disbelief. Climbing onto the bed, he peered down at the small faces of the babies. His children. "Mother?" Lyra invited Liam and Alyss over. "Look at your new brothers." Tyrion glanced up. "Boys?" Lyra nodded. "Two healthy boys." A knock on the door made the little family look up. "May I come in?"

"Uncle! Come look at my brothers!" Liam exclaimed with pride, making Jaime laugh softly. Jaime walked over to the bed and looked at the two babes sleeping in their mother's arms. "My congratulations, Tyrion. Lyra. You have four beautiful children indeed." Lyra grinned up at him and nodded. "Thank you. And just think, in a few moons, this will be you." As if on cue, a certain platinum blonde warrior stepped into the room.

"Aunt Brienne," Alyss greeted when she saw Jaime's new and pregnant wife. Jaime had been released of his vows as a knight so he could marry. Until that moment, Alyss had been staring in awe at her baby brothers. "I did not mean to interrupt." Lyra smiled. "Nonsense. You're family, Brienne. Our children are your niece and nephews." Brienne came to stand next to Jaime and his arm instantly wrapped around her. Lyra snuggled her babies closer to her breast as Liam and Alyss climbed up in to bed too cuddle into Tyrion. The little family stood in that room, wrapped in a serenity that almost nothing could break. Tyrion kept looking between his four children and couldn't help the smile that spread across his lips.

(A/N: And that's the end! Thank you for all the reads, comments, and votes!! All your support means a lot to me! I will be back with another story soon!)