A Woman Scorned

Every night for several weeks, Tyrion came back to visit Lyra. He never bedded her. Not once, but he paid for his time with her and that's all she cared about. It was certainly all Littlefinger cared about. Still, Tyrion was no closer to unraveling the mystery that was Lyra. She never lied to him, but she never gave full answers either. She always stopped short of revealing too much and it not only intrigued Tyrion, but infuriated him as well.

Tyrion entered the brothel yet again, this time determined to learn more about the whore that had captured his interest. "Good evening, milord," Mila greeted in a sultry voice as she stepped up to Tyrion. "Not tonight, Mila." The dark-haired woman pouted. "But I have missed your company, milord." Tyrion looked up at her. Sighing, he kissed her hand and shook his head. "I am sorry, my dear but I have an appointment with someone else tonight." He dropped her hand and stepped around her, heading toward the room he always met Lyra in.

"Good evening, Lord Tyrion," she said, standing when he walked into the room. "Lyra, a pleasure as always." She giggled. "You say the same every night, my lord. Now, what will it be tonight? Will you ask more questions? Stimulating conversation? Or something more physical?" Lyra had long given up being coy around Tyrion. It did no good. Tyrion gave her a smile. "Your conversation is always welcome, Lyra." Lyra gestured for him to sit as she poured the wine.

As always, Lyra made to leave just after dawn. "Lyra, wait." She stopped gathering her belongings and looked back at him. "Why do leave? I am aware you go home, but you leave at the same time every night. Surely you could spare another few moments." Lyra shook her head. "I am sorry. If you are unsatisfied, perhaps you should seek the company of another whore, my lord." With that, she turned and left the room. Tyrion stayed behind for a few moments more.

"Milord, has Lyra run off again?" Mila asked, coming into the room. She sat on the floor next to Tyrion's chair, her head on his lap. "Perhaps I can give you the company you deserve." Tyrion rolled his eyes. "I am certain you have other customers. Good day, Mila." Mila stood and left with a frown, Tyrion following soon after to head back to the Keep.

Tyrion didn't return to the brothel for several nights in an attempt to get Lyra out of his head. There was no reason he should be so infatuated with the woman. She was just another whore after all, like Shae...wasn't she? Tyrion really wasn't so sure anymore. With every evening he'd spent with her, Tyrion had grown to care for Lyra. He wanted to know everything about her. He needed to know why she was so different from the other whores in the brothel. He'd find out soon enough.

When Tyrion finally went back to the brothel, he found it in chaos. Littlefinger was standing in the doorway, an expression of rage painting his otherwise calm features. Just outside, sprawled in the dirt, was Mila. "What is the meaning of this, Lord Baelish?" Tyrion asked, carefully approaching the brothel keep. Littlefinger barely took his eyes off the whore in the dirt as he replied, "Mila has just become a bad investment."

Tyrion arched a brow. "Come and I will explain." Turning to Mila, he said, "You are no longer welcome here." Tyrion followed Littlefinger inside. The rest of the brothel was abuzz. "It seems I missed something of note." Littlefinger nodded. "Indeed you did, my Lord Hand. It seems your attention to a certain investment made Mila fairly jealous." Tyrion's eyes widened. Lyra. "Mila attacked Lyra. No fury like that of a woman scorned, I'm afraid."

"Is she alright? Lyra?" Littlefinger frowned. "She is alive. Mila marked her face and many other parts of her body. I do not know how well she will recover, if at all. Bad for business, this. If word gets out that I cannot keep my own whores in line, no one will visit." Tyrion felt his anger rising. "That is truly all you care about. Where is Lyra?"

"Ihad the Maester escort her home," came Littlefinger's nonchalant reply."Where?" Littlefinger thought for a moment before saying, "I donot know, my lord. Lyra never shared that information with me. However, if youdo find her, tell her that her room shall be saved for her should she make afull recovery." Tyrion left the brothel, a cloud of anger circling overhim. He had to find Lyra. He had to be sure she was alright.s

(a/n: I am SO SORRY for taking so long to update!! I had no inspiration. I've got a bit now and I'm hoping it keeps up! I hope this chapter makes up for the wait! I've decided on a face claim for Mila but I'm torn for Lyra. Who do you think makes a good face claim for our leading lady?)