Surprising Proposal

(Warnings: Lyra's father is a complete douche!)

Tyrion and the children all looked between Lyra and Lord Chylk. The latter refused to remove his hard glare from his daughter, but the former glanced at Lady Chylk. "Mother." Lady Chylk smiled and Tyrion could see the tears forming in the older woman's eyes. "Mother?" Alyss asked softly, causing Lyra to look at her. Before Lyra could answer, the joust began and Lyra took her seat near Daenerys, at the queen's insistence.

Lyra could feel her father's gaze on her the entire time and she wanted to leave. However, she didn't want to offend the queen, especially after the whole treason incident. So, she stayed put, listening to her son talking to Jaime about one knight's form or another while Alyss observed Daenerys in awe. Lyra could also feel another set of eyes on her. Tyrion's.

It almost hurt her to see him. She had not seen him since the day she left the Keep with her children. She was so angry with him and she knew her temper would get the better of her. Lyra knew she was being unfair, but her pride and the fact that her children had been in danger kept her from apologizing. It kept her anger right at the surface, so she refused to seek him out again. If he came to the brothel, that was one thing but she wouldn't look for him.

The joust ended sooner than she expected. "Wasn't it exciting, Mother?!" Liam asked, running over to her. Lyra smiled down at him. "It was. Now, thank the queen and Ser Jaime for their invitations so we may return home." The children did as they asked and returned to their mother's side. "Lyra."

Lyra glanced at her own mother. "A-Are you well?" Lyra gave Lady Chylk a small smile. "I am. We are." Lord Chylk put his hand on his wife's shoulder. "Mother, who are they?" Liam asked in a quiet voice. "We are Lord and Lady Chylk. You should direct your questions to us young man," Lord Chylk barked before turning his attention back to Lyra. "You should at least teach the boy proper manners, Lyra."

Lyra balled her fists at her side, trying to prevent herself from swearing at her father in front of the children. "My son has better manners than you do, Father." Lord Chylk scoffed. "Of course. I couldn't expect much from the boy when his mother has no sense of propriety. Running off with that stable boy, who ended up leaving you a widow. And I was informed that you were accused of treason."

Lyra opened her mouth to answer when she felt a small hand on her arm. She glanced down at Tyrion in surprise. "Those charges were false. Lyra has been exonerated of them. You should be very proud of your daughter, Lord Chylk." Lord Chylk cocked a brow. "Proud? Proud of a daughter who would throw away her family name for some lower born stable boy?! Proud of a daughter who spreads her legs for anyone with money?"

"HE WAS A BLACKSMITH!" Lyra's sudden sharp cry made everyone around jump, including Tyrion. Luckily, there were very few people around anymore. Outside of their little group, only the queen and Jaime remained. "Niclas was a blacksmith, not a stable boy. He was a kind, strong and generous soul who did everything he could for his family. He gave me two beautiful children who I love with all my heart and he died protecting me and those children at the Battle of the Blackwater. As for my spreading my legs, I wouldn't have had to if you had accepted Liam and Alyss. They are your grandchildren!"

Everyone stared at Lyra. No one had expected such an outburst from her, especially not directed at her father. Tyrion took a risk and gave her arm a pat. She gave him a slight nod, but didn't say anything. "Is everything alright, Lyra?" Jaime asked, coming over and placing his good hand on Lyra's shoulder. Lyra smiled and nodded. "Of course. I was merely correcting my father on a few points."

"So that's it then? You will continue in your life, as if it didn't besmirch our family name?" Lyra looked at Lord Chylk. "Family name? Since when does that matter to you? If it truly mattered, you would have let me come home with my children instead of cutting us off." Lord Chylk didn't get a chance to respond before Tyrion had heard enough. Lord Chylk was beginning to sound like Tyrion's father.

Tyrion decided to step in and, hopefully, save Lyra from her father's inexcusable behavior toward her. So, he said the first thing that came to mind. "If anything, Lyra's bravery in this situation is commendable and should be a statement toward your family name. I, for one, look forward to having that bravery added to the list of Lannister attributes when I take Lyra as my wife." 

(a/n: I have already started the next part, so hopefully I'll have it up in the next day or two!)