The Children's Blessings

When dawn came, Tyrion escorted Lyra out of the small room. Lyra couldn't fight the smile on her face as she followed him down the corridors. "Lord Tyrion, Lyra," Littlefinger greeted with a slight bow. "This was Lyra's last night as one of your investments, Lord Baelish." Tyrion spoke with an authority that dared anyone to argue with him and Lyra just stared down at him in disbelief.

Littlefinger frowned. "All due respect, my lord Tyrion, that is not your decision to make. It is mine and it is Lyra's." Tyrion arched a brow while Lyra stayed quiet. She was stifling a giggle behind her hand. "What my betrothed does is no decision of yours." Tyrion took Lyra's hand in his smaller one and left the brothel, leaving Littlefinger to gape after them. He turned to the whore next to him. "Did I hear that correctly?" The whore nodded in surprise. Littlefinger returned the empty space where Lyra and Tyrion had stood.

Tyrion and Lyra made their way to Lyra's cottage, where her children would be waking any moment. Once inside, Lyra lit the fireplace before sinking down to her knees in front of Tyrion so she was eye-level with him. "I love you, Tyrion." Tyrion placed his hands on her cheeks and smiled. "I love you too, Lyra." She leaned in to press a kiss to his lips, but was stopped just before their lips met. "Ew!"

Lyra chuckled and pulled slightly away. Liam was looking at the scene with a look of disgust on his face. "One day you will not think it's so bad, Master Liam," Tyrion told the boy with a laugh. "Liam, is Alyss awake?" Liam nodded and rubbed his eyes. "Mother, why is Lord Tyrion here so early?" Lyra smiled, standing to hug the boy. "I will tell you after we break our fasts. Tyrion, would you care to join us?" she asked, her eyes twinkling merrily.

A little bit later, after the dishes were cleared away, Lyra and Tyrion exchanged a glance and a nod. "My loves. I must ask something of you." Both children sat listening intently. "Tyrion would like to be part of our family." Liam's brows scrunched together. "I thought he already was." Lyra laughed lightly and Tyrion smiled. "Your mother means that I have asked to marry her, truly this time. And that I wish to have your blessing."

Alyss grinned making Lyra shake her head fondly. Already she knew so much of the world. "That means you'll be our father, doesn't it?" she asked softly and Tyrion nodded. "It does." The words were barely out of his mouth when the children rose from their seats to embrace him. The look on his face told Lyra that Tyrion hadn't been expecting that. Lyra felt her heart swell at the sight. After so many years, her children were getting a new father, one that loved and cared for them.

Later that day, Lyra sighed happily. Tyrion had gone to the Keep to inform the queen that they were, in fact, getting married and to arrange for Lyra and the children to move into the Keep. Lyra spent her time telling the children about how all of their lives would change now. Alyss stayed silent most of the time, but suddenly, she asked, "Mother? Do you still love Father even though he's gone?"

Lyra smiled at her daughter. "Of course I do, sweetling. But I love Tyrion too. Your father would want us, all of us, to be happy. Do you not like Tyrion?" Alyss nodded her head vigorously. "Yes I do. I just...didn't know if it was possible to love two people in your life the way you loved Father and Lord Tyrion." Lyra pushed Alyss' hair back. "My love, you will have many loves in your life. I only pray you are lucky enough to love and wed a good and kind man." Lyra kissed Alyss' forehead and went to take a little nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time passed so quickly, before anyone knew it, it was Tyrion and Lyra's wedding day. Lyra was in her chambers with her handmaiden, feeling very uncomfortable. After so long of fending for herself, Lyra wasn't used to having a handmaiden anymore. It was taking her much longer to get used to it than it took the children.

Alyss had taken to accompanying the queen and Tyrion into Small Council meetings when she wasn't being tutored. She was determined to be on the council when she was old enough. Liam spent his days between his tutor and Jaime. Whenever Liam was finished with his lessons, he would run and find his Uncle Jaime, as he called him already. Jaime didn't mind. He rather enjoyed it. Lyra was the only one having problems adjusting. Still, she knew it would take her longer to adapt. She just had to remind herself that she was marrying the man she loved.

A sudden knock on the door made Lyra's handmaiden jump slightly, poking Lyra's head with the comb. "I'm so sorry, milady!" The girl began to stutter and Lyra cooed, "There is nothing to apologize for. It was an accident." The maid, who looked to be no older than sixteen, smiled before going to open the door.

When Lyra saw her father's reflection in the mirror, all color left her face. The former whore stood slowly and faced Lord Chylk. "Hello, Father." The man didn't smile. He merely studied his daughter's appearance before finally meeting her gaze. "I...have missed out on so much of your life, Lyra. Of my grandchildren's lives." Lyra didn't respond, only stared at him as the maid left the room.

"I was wrong, Lyra. I was wrong to disown you. You followed your heart and I should not have faulted you for that." Lyra blinked in disbelief. Her father never admitted fault and Lyra couldn't help but be suspicious. "And you waited until my wedding day to say anything. You wait until the day I am to marry a lord, just like you wanted me to do in the first place. This has nothing to do with our relationship and everything to do with the family name." Lord Chylk didn't flinch at the accusation. "Get out, Father."

"As per tradition, I must give you to Lord Tyrion." Lyra rolled her eyes. "You weren't there for my first wedding and you do not need to be here for this one. My children are giving me to Tyrion. That is good enough for us, the septon, and the queen. Good bye, Father." Lord Chylk walked to the door. When his hand was on the handle, he turned back to her. "You're wrong, Lyra. I truly regret everything that happened. Perhaps one day, you will forgive me." He left the room and Lyra sank to the floor, fighting back tears.     

{A/N: The next chapter is likely going to be the last chapter. I'm sad to see the story end.:( }