11:Act Different

I open my eyes and look around Viktor's apartment. I was on the couch, laying on something soft. I feel something move underneath me, scaring me and causing me to fall off the couch.

"Crystal, are you ok?" I find Yuri sitting on the couch. I must've fallen asleep on him.

"Yeah. I'm fine" I stand up and sit back on the couch with a yawn.

"We should get some breakfast. I'll look and see what Viktor has in his cupboards" he walks into the kitchen area.

"Hey Yuri. I have something I want to ask you"

He pokes his head back through the doorway to look at me, his blonde hair moving out of his face showing both eyes. "What is it"

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

His head disappears for a moment then he walks back to me with two plates. They had two pieces of toast on each.

"What do you mean?"

"You never act this way with anyone else. And when we met you would call me an old hag and be mean and angry, but now... you're calling me by my name and you aren't yelling at me every time I accidentally touch you. For example, on the plane. You didn't wake me up when my head was on your shoulder. And just now, you let me sleep on your lap"

He looks down at his toast, stuffing one of the pieces into his mouth. He tries to say something with his mouth full but I don't catch any of it. I tilt my head to the side showing my confusion, his cheeks turn a little pink.

"Are you ok? Your cheeks are a little pink" I say poking one of his cheeks, he swats away my hand. "And what did you say?"

He swallows and places his plate on the table. He looks at me, then starts talking seriously. "I'm not sure how I'm supposed to act, which is why I'm trying to change the way I act. You say I'm not supposed to be like this if portraying love and happiness, but how do I show love?"

"Well, I don't know. What do you mean by show? As in on the ice?"

"No. In real life. If I wanted to show love, how would I do so?"

"For one you could just say it. But small gestures here and there can also show some signs. Like... if you took care of someone, showed them you cared in any way. It could be very small, but it still counts"

"That sounds complicated" he says, then whispers under his breath, "I must be on the right track"

"On the right track for what?"

"N-Nothing" whoa, he stuttered. Something is definitely up.

"You sure?" I ask, inching closer to his already pink face to try and get answers.

He backs away a little, trying to get away from my close proximity. He gets to the end of the couch while I was still getting closer. I eventually had him trapped in the corner of the couch. Now you'll need to tell me what's on your mind.