Extra Part 2

NICOLE GOLD

I chop the tomatos as Kasen rubs my belly, "There's a baby in there?" His blue eyes give me a confused look.

I was almost nine months in the pregnancy with just two days left for delivery. Well, when I was supposed to deliver.

"Yes, sweety," I lean down, placing the knife down, and kiss his forehead. It was a little hard for me to lean down, but I still managed to do it.

Kasen smiles, "How did it get in there?"

My face runs red as I try to think of a way to explain it to a five year old boy, "Um.. That's a talk for another time."

"I'm home!" I hear my husbands voice emitting from the hallway. His wide smile appears through the door as Kasen runs towards him.

"Dad!"

"Hey bud," Drew picks Kasen up, swinging him around, while he just laughs.

I hear more footsteps following after Drew, and that's when my curiosity peaked. I raise an eyebrow at Drew, but he gives me a sly smirk, as I watch the woman walk through the door. Her small nose, and narrow eyes made me smile. Her lips were a color of coral, and her eyes were still a dark hazel. Her bright red hair was clung behind her shoulders, and she smiled at me.

Kyleen.

"Kyleen!" I rush towards her, and pull her into a warm embrace the best I could.

She giggles in a cute way as she pulls away, "Nicole! I see that you're pregnant. Do you know the gender?"

I shake my head, "I wanted it to be a surprise."

Kyleen smiles, "I have someone else with me."

Her dark brown hair was pulled into a high ponytail as she entered the room. Her brown eyes were the first thing I saw, and I smiled.

"Clarity!" I pull her into a warm hug, as I hear even more footsteps.

Alaska, Austin, Ryder, and a girl I've never met before walked in.

"Aunt Nick-Nick!" Alaska and Austin cheer as they rush towards me, and hug me as best as they could through my belly.

I smile, "Hey, you two. It's so great seeing you," They pull away, and nod as my eyes make contact with the girl, "Hi, I'm Nicole," I hold out my hand.

She smiles sheepishly, "I'm Elley," she says, taking my hand in hers.

I could tell that she was nervous, but I still had no idea why she was here. Her fawn hair flung perfectly over her shoulders, while her dark blue eyes were looking towards the ground as she let go of my hand. She shyly walks towards Kyleen, and Kyleen wraps her arm around her waist, and kisses her cheek. Elley blushes, and huddles closer to Kyleen.

"Are you two..?"

"Yeah, we're dating," Kyleen smiles, and Elley smiles brightly with her.

I smile back at the pair, and watch as Ryder, Clarity, Alaska, Austin, and Drew walk into the living room. Kyleen and Elley follow after me as I walk towards where the rest were in the living room.

"Hey guys, I-"

I gasp as water hits the floor, and my stomach starts to cramp up again. I clutch my large stomach, cursing loudly as Drew rushes towards me with a panicked expression.

"Oh my gosh, I think my water just broke," My eyes were wide as I start to groan in pain.

"Oh gosh, let's get you to the hospital. Ryder, can you drive us?" Drew asks, and Ryder nods his head.

"I'll go get the car," He runs out, as Drew balances me, holding onto me tightly.

I clutch my hands around him, holding on as tightly as I could. I was having a baby! It was happening! But, my gosh.. It hurt like hell.

***

"You son of a bitch! You did this to me! I hate you! I hate you, you asshole! Get those ice chips out of my fucking face, will you?!" I pick up the cup he was holding, and throw it across the room as the ice shatters.

I could care less at this point if he was trying to help or not. He did this to me! Asshole!

"Come on! Push! You're almost there, I see the baby's head! Keep pushing!" She yells over my screams.

"I'm trying, bitch! I'm fucking trying! Stop rushing me, you asshole!" I shout at the doctor, and she didn't seem phased by it.

Drew takes my hand, clutching it tightly, "I love you, you can do this, Kitten. I know you can," he kisses my forehead, saying sweet words in my ear.

But I didn't care.

"Shut up, asshole! And go get me more ice chips!"

***

"I had to get you ice chips seven times, before you actually ate them. You kept throwing them against the wall," he laughed.

I hold the soft, small baby in my arms as it yawns peacefully, "Shut up, the baby is sleeping."

Drew gets up from his seat, and walks towards me. He runs his hand against the little girl I was holding, and kisses her forehead, staring at her with love.

"I will protect you until the end of time, my little Camilla."