6. Giving Chances

A/N "The smile on your face sends my heart on high wire. Maybe that's why I wasn't ready for my heart to skip a beat at the mention of your name."

DREW THOMSON

"So, you're telling me that.. You ran into the wall?" I raise an eyebrow.

Earlier, when I showed her where the bathroom was, I heard a loud thump emitting from the hallway. I walked towards the source of where it came from, and I saw a smiling Nicole, silently laughing to herself. I asked her if she was okay, and she just smiled at me, before walking past me and slumping back down on the couch. I asked her what the hell happened and, out of all things, she ran into the wall.

She gives me a sheepish look, "Yeah.. I have a tendency for that."

"Running into walls?"

She nods her head, taking a bite of her pizza, and swinging her head back again.

Nicole's long, tan legs are sprawled over the couch, as she hangs her head over. She claimed that it was a 'comfortable' position.

I laugh at her childish actions, and she looks up at me, giving me a sheepish smile.

She gets up, sitting into a rightful position, and placing her slice of pizza on her napkin on the coffee table.

I watch her slightly brush the crumbs off of my soft t-shirt she's wearing.

Her blonde hair fell from behind her ear and into her face. I felt as if I had to restrain myself from tucking it back behind her ear.

She looks back up at me, tucking the small strand behind her ear, just as I wanted to do for her.

"Truth or dare?" She suggests.

"What are we? In middle school?" I chuckle.

She rolls her soft eyes, "What do you suggest we do, then?"

I shrug, not having any suggestions.

"Truth or dare it is, then," She smiles.

I smile softly to myself, watching her excited antics.

"You go first," she demands, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," I smirk.

She smirks back, leaning closer, "I dare you.." she takes a pause, "To not fall in love with me."

"Deal," I smirk wider.

I couldn't fall in love with her. I had no romantic bone in my body, even if I wanted one, I couldn't have one.

"Truth or dare, Kitten.." I mock.

She smiles, "Truth."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Was the first words that came from my mouth, before I could even control it.

"No," she answered honestly.

Despite my pride, my curiosity got the best of me. I'm not sure what dawned my brain to allow me to say that, but I'm not sure why my brain does most things. Such as Erin. I'm not sure why my brain hasn't come to the actual conclusion that.. She's gone.

My thoughts are interrupted by a small hand squeezing my own, "Are you okay?"

I see the small concerned look in her soft, green-blue eyes.

I nod my head, "Fine," I drift away, slightly.

She pulls her hand away from mine, and I suddenly feel cold without it.