30. For The Better

A/N "I always come to wonder what you're thinking right now, or if you're thinking about me. Or if you even thought about me once."

NICOLE GOLD

Drew grasps my hand, and pulls me in for a sweet kiss when we reach my parents house. I kiss back, loving the taste, and feel of him.

"Nicole!" I hear my mother's voice, causing me and Drew to part away.

I shyly look at my mom, "Hey, mom."

She runs towards me, and squeezes my heart out, "I missed you so much! Oh my gosh, this christmas is going to be so much fun!"

"You say that every year mom," I roll my eyes, hugging her back, "Last year, you dropped the ham on the floor and just picked it right back up, trying to serve it to us. I wouldn't call that the ideal christmas."

"Oh hush," she shushes me, pulling away and slightly hitting my arm, "The five second rule still applied."

"It did not."

"Did so."

"Did not."

"Did so."

"Did so."

"Did not," she pauses, gasping, "Damn it!"

I smirk at her, "I won this one, mother."

I pick up my bags, and I hear chuckling from behind me, "Do you guys always fight like that?"

"Yep," I nod my head, and he laughs.

***

I jump on the bed, "I call this room!"

"There's only one other room, Kitten," Drew clarifies.

I cross my arms, sitting up, "I just wanted to say it. I've never gotten to say it before."

Drew raises an eyebrow, and I smile goofily. Drew walks towards me, dropping our bags on the floor. He decided to carry them because he was such a 'gentleman', as he says.

Drew sits down next to me, and then places me on his lap so that my legs are over both of his legs. I wrap my arms around his neck, and he nuzzles his head in my neck, hugging my waist closely. I sigh out a content breath, and run my hand through his hair. He starts to trail kisses down my neck, and my breath hitches in my throat, still not used to it. I loved every bit of him, and I don't think I'll ever get used to having such a heart throb wrapped around my finger.

"Sweetie," My mother knocks on the door, walking in shortly after, "It's dinner time- Oh!" She quickly covers my eyes, and I start to laugh.

Drew smirks at me, and let's me get off of his lap, "Let's have dinner, my love."

***

For the past two days, we haven't done much. It was just eating dinner every night, hanging out with my family, and sometimes going grocery shopping, or playing board games. Christmas Eve was two days away now, and I already had my present under the tree for Drew, and my mom and dad. I have no other family than those two. Everyone else lives across the country from where I am.

My parents decided to go on a date tonight, and now I feel like a teenage girl being left alone with their boyfriend, and doing unspoken things while my parents are gone.

Except, me and Drew weren't having sex.

We were sitting by the fire, eating fondue.

No, but really.

We're actually sitting by the fire, cuddled up. You know, cliché things.

I look up at Drew, and his eyes seemed to be slightly lost, "Are you alright?"