22. One Reason To Stay

A/N "Telling you I'm sorry was never easy for me. You would always push me away, and it hurt. I guess you just wanted me to feel what you felt. Angry, and lost."

NICOLE GOLD

Kyleen gives me a look of fear, "Are you.. Are you sure this is going to work?" She rubs her sweaty hands on her jeans.

I look at her, and hug her tightly, "We'll be here, Kyleen. Don't worry."

She quickly hugs me back, and I close my eyes, sighing to myself. She pulls away, before walking towards Brian's apartment. She still has the key to his apartment from when he gave it to her before this all happened.

While Brian was gone, Ryder's Dad's younger sister set up some cameras all over the house. She obviously had help from some of the technicians from the department. Her name is Collina, and she's 48.

Collina looks at me of professionalism, "You better have a good case here, kid."

I nod my head, "I hope we do.." I trail off, and feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I smile to myself when I feel him place a small kiss on my cheek.

"Ready to go in the van?" He raises an eyebrow, looking at me.

"Yeah, let's go," I slightly move away from him, to walk.

He snakes an arm around my waist, pulling my side to his own. He places a kiss on my forehead, "It's going to be okay, Kitten."

I sigh out, "I sure hope so.."

Collina opens the van door, and we all hop in, waiting for Brian to arrive soon. Collina picks up a head piece, and places it on her head. I give her a curious look, and she just smiles polietly.

"This is so I can hear everything. Here," she hands me and Drew both a set.

"Thanks," I softly smile.

I hear someone knock on the van door, "That must be Clarity," I say, crouching through the van.

And, sure enough, I see a brightly smiling Clarity on the other side of the dark tinted window. I slide open the door, and she quickly hops in. She sits herself down next to Collina, and Collina smiles at Clarity, giving her a warm welcoming.

I walk towards where Drew was sitting, and as I'm about to sit next to him, he has other ideas and places me on his lap. I furrow my eyebrows, and he just smiles and pokes my nose. I glare.

His strong arms protectively wrap around my waist, and pulls me towards him even more. I sigh, and get comfortable, wiggling my hips. He growls in my ear, and holds my hips down. I give him a look of confusion. But, when I see that his eyes are a dark color, I nod my head, and stop moving.

Drew nuzzles his head in my neck, while I feel his head piece scrape across my cheek. I squirm and slightly laugh when it starts to get ticklish. He lifts his head, and kisses my cheek, before placing his head on my shoulder, and looking at the screen.

I look at the screen a few moments later, and see that Kyleen looks extremely nervous. She rakes her hand through her hair, before wiping her hands on her jeans like she did eariler.

Kyleen's phone beeped, and she quickly checks it, "He said that he'll be h-here in a few.." She nervously says.

"Can she hear us?" I ask Collina.

Collina nods, "Only through this microphone, though," she holds out a medium sized microphone, and hands it to me.

I quickly take it, and sigh, before talking to Kyleen, "Hey, Kyleen?"