TWELVE

· 。゚☆: *.
ILLUSIONS   
»»————- nysm one. magic tricks
CHAPTER TWELVE ━━  the grant finale

 magic tricksCHAPTER TWELVE ━━  the grant finale

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🐇🎩🪄
♯ ❝LEAD THE WAY ATLAS❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

WREN WALSH WAS SURE SHE COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER, THE NERVES COURSING THROUGH HER BODY WERE SURE TO SEND HER INTO A BIG FRENZY. The Horsemen had made it to 5 Pointz early, they were setting everything up for their show, their final trick.

Daniel and Wren were just finishing up the monitors so they could speak to the fans through holograms as the crowd outside was already yelling and cheering for them at the top of their lungs.

"Everyone ready?"

With nods of confirmation they all got into position, Wren went to stand next to Daniel, who gave her a wink. She grinned at him before taking a deep breath. Letting all her nerves leave her body as she exhaled before inhaling again. Determination flashing in her eyes.

The final act was beginning.

"What is magic? Magic is deception. But deception to delight, to entertain, to inspire. It is about belief." And so their last stand began.

"Faith." Merrit started off.

"Trust." Henley stated.

"Happiness." Wren added.

"Without those qualities, magic, as an art form, would no longer exist." Merrit told the audience quite serious, something totally different from his normal easy going attitude.

"But what happens if these qualities are not used for their higher purpose? And instead they were used to cheat, lie, steal?" Henley asked the crowd.

"To mislead and deceive people." Wren shouted.

"For personal gain or greed?" Daniel finished her sentence.  "Well than is it no longer magic."

"It's a crime." Merrit confirmed eyes roaming over each and every person in the crowd even though he couldn't see them.

"And so tonight for our final act, you're gonna help us set a few things right." Wren announced determined.

The holograms disappeared from the building. The four magicians exchanged looks.

Merrit rubbed his hands together. "Showtime."

Danny snapped his fingers and, signalling the dummies of them to rise from the centre stage as a distraction, another illusion.

They took off running of in the direction of the elevator, quickly stepping inside. Each of them took a different side of the four corners. Their last moment together.