NINE

· 。゚☆: *.
ILLUSIONS   
»»————- nysm one. magic tricks
CHAPTER NINE ━━ check mate 

 magic tricksCHAPTER NINE ━━  check mate 

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🐇🎩🪄
♯ ❝FREEZE ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

AFTER INTERMISSION IT WAS TIME FOR THE FINAL TRICK OF THE NIGHT. ANTICIPATION WAS ALREADY BUBBLING INSIDE OF WREN, KNOWING exactly what was going to happen and how they finally could put a light on their true intentions.

Merrit walked on the stage, a large smile sprawled on his face, a glimmer of mischief in his eyes as he was about to start his act, unknowingly to the audience the five horsemen were about to take back what was rightfully someone else's. The money their benefactor made was not deserved. It was stolen and taken from them when they needed it the most and the horsemen were going to make him pay for his mistakes.

Everything was ready, every piece on the chess board in place and it was check mate. Henley, had made sure that Arthur's account would be drained during intermission by the time everyone found out what happened. No turning back anymore.

"At the end of the intermission we asked you to write down your current bank balance, seal it in an envelope." Merrit started looking at the audience. "Now it's time to get those envelopes out. Everyone take them out."

the audience, one by one reached for their envelopes, curious and determined to find out what the magicians were planning to do as they all stared at the white paper.

"Now everyone I need you to shout out your name all at once." He motioned for them to shout with his hands waving wildly and audience responded quickly as they all began shouting their names.

"Clement? Frannick?" Merrit called out one of the names they had already decided on.

"Yeah, up here!" Clement shouted from up the balconies waving happily at Merrit.

"Oh way up there." Merrit pointed to him before motioning for everyone to call out their names. "Dina Robertson?"

"That's me." A woman stood up a small smile on her face

"Okay, names. Names. Let's go." He motioned for them to continue.

"Josepha Hickey?" Merrit asked in fake curiosity.

"That's me."

"Josepha, I want you to, uh, focus on your balance and count to ten out loud." Merrit explained to her as everyone focused on her.

"One, two, three, four, five-"

Merrit stopped her. "Stop, uh, is the first digit five?" He asked even though he already knew the answer.