23|Build Your Hopes Up Like A Tower

"Dan?"

"Yeah?" Dan asks. He's on a kill streak, and he's more determined than Frisk at the moment. It makes it even better if he pretends the enemies are Darla. Stress relief protip.

"Thank you." Phil says with a smile. Dan is completely missing the beauty before him.

"For what?" Dan says as he aggressively pounds buttons, and sways with the videogame. He's not really paying much attention.

Phil pauses the game they were playing forcing Dan to pay attention to him, and only him. Dan sighs, and looks at Phil expectantly.

"I'm sorry. What would you like to thank me for, sir?" Dan says a little mockingly.

Phil's rolls his eyes. "I wanted to say thank you because you stood up for me, and what I do even though you knew it could mean that you would possibly ruin your friendship with Pj all because you cared, and that was very sweet of you. I've never had someone stand up for me like that before. I've never had friend as great as you and-"

Dan cuts him off by putting a finger on Phil's lips. He rolls his eyes at Phil's shocked expression.

"Dude, it was no problem. I would do it again. Darla is a bitch." Dan says smiling lightly.

"I know, but it was still very nice of you, and you said so many nice things about me. You defended me when I was helpless, and I couldn't ask for a better best friend." Phil says.

Dan looks up at Phil shyly. "I'd do anything for you, Phil." He says in a quiet, low voice.

The words linger.

The way Dan looks is captivating. He's staring up at Phil with eyes shining brightly with emotion, and he's in his favorite pajamas all curled up into the couch. His voice coats the room like honey, and he looks like a little teddy bear. He's so beautiful.

Dan is watching him as he grows closer. His eyes are blue, blue, blue like the sky. His favorite color. Phil's lips are a nice shade of pink, and Dan wonders what they feel like. He's leaning in, and Dan thinks that he just might be able to find out. He's so beautiful.

Their eyelids flutter shut; the calm before the storm.

Phil's hand cups Dan's cheek as their lips touch in a gentle collision.

It's so soft, and warm, and blissful. Phil feels like home. Dan wonders if this is what all kisses feel like, or if this is what kisses from your true love feel like.

His stomach is churning in the best way possible. His body feels tingly, and his heart is palpitating. That feeling of Phil's lips against his for the first time was so amazing that he never forgot what it felt like.

Phil's thoughts start to run like clockwork. Consistent and slow.

I knew I shouldn't kiss him, but I didn't care. I have kissed a lot people. Girls. Boys. I'm not even into girls. They were all distractions. So I wouldnt be so tempted to do exactly what I'm doing now. Dan is the first kiss he's ever had that has ever felt like this.

When they separate seconds later, their eyes meet. No words can explain the expressions on their faces. It's like gentle staring with wonder, and passion, and everything in between.

"I would do anything for you too, Dan." Phil says stroking his thumb across Dan's dimple. Dan blushes, and bites his lip.

"I love you, Phil." Dan whispers.

"I love you, too." Phil says with a smile.

And they kiss again, and it's like the sun rises every time their lips touch. Light.

"Do you want to be with me now?" Dan asks, pulling away. This question eats at him the more they kiss. He doesn't want to force a relationship on Phil, but he just doesn't want to be nothing to Phil either. He's wanted Phil forever. Does Phil want him?

Phil smiles. It's a little forced.

"Of course, Danny."