16| You Make Me Feel Free

Phil -19 Dan -15

Dan was going to America. He was freakin' zazzed. Phil, Pj, Chris, Connor, Tyler, and Paige were all legal adults, and had saved up enough to take Dan and Troye with them for a summer trip to America. The gay group was going on vacation.

Of course their parents don't just trust them to go alone despite the legality of their adulthood, so Troye's parents were going as well. Luckily, they got their own room, and were probably the chilliest parents any of the boys(and girl) had met, so they didn't mind having parents around.

When they all met early in the morning to go to the airport, they were jumping up and down with excitement. They were going to be in Las Vegas on the 4th of July. IT WAS GOING TO BE LIT! Dan thought.

Getting there was torture. The plane was crowded, and they couldn't afford first class or anything, so they were cramped and pouty the whole plane ride. They arrived at their hotel at about 9:00 pm on July 3rd, so ready for the next day they couldn't sleep.

They all slept in their room separated from Mr. and Mrs. Sivan. It had 4 beds in one large room, and one bathroom. They had to share of course, they weren't rich. Dan and Phil, Troye and Tyler, Pj and Chris, and Connor and Paige shared beds. Troye and Connor would have shared, but the Sivan's refused to let that happen. They knew about their relationship, and were cool with it as long as they didn't have sex. Connor was too old.

When they all got in their beds they were completely oblivious to what the next day would have in store for them.
-

"Hey, Phil are you awake?" Dan whispered so he wouldn't wake anyone. Phil turned around to face Dan in their shared hotel bed.

"Yeah." He says quietly.

"I'm very excited for tomorrow. I just can't wait to see the fireworks over the city. It'll be so pretty." Dan says with wonder.

He seemed so small. Moonlight lit his dark eyes, and he seemed to talk about it like he'd never seen fireworks before. Dan was very close to him. Phil tried to ignore that.

"I'm very excited for tommorow as well. America always seems so fun when they have one of these celebrations. They get drunk, and have barbecue, and run naked through the streets painted in red, white, and blue. I think I love America." Phil says with a smile.

Dan giggles. "Yeah, I think it's going to be lit." Dan says yawning.

"Did you wait all day to say that terrible pun?" Phil asks.

"Shut up! No..........yes..." Dan admits. Phil laughs as quiet as he can.

"I love you." Phil says letting it roll off his tongue before he can stop himself.

Dan smiles. He feels as if he's fell again. He remembers when Phil was drunk, and told him all sorts of things Dan wishes he could hear again. But Phil wasn't drunk right now. His heart was pounding in his chest. "I love you too, Phil." He says slowly.

This makes them become aware that they are inches apart. Very aware. Dan thinks that he might be able to kiss him, when Phil speaks.

"Promise me that when you find someone, and have kids, or whatever you'll never forget me."

It had become this pain in his Phil's heart that he can never be with Dan. And he hopes that when Dan finds a girl he wants to be with, he'll still always talk to Phil. Phil is growing up, and soon he'll be 20. Dan is just a 15 year old boy he didn't mean to fall in love with. He really hopes that Dan will never forget him. He wants to be the most important person in Dan's life. He wants to be the one who gives him kisses in the morning, and holds him in his arms at night. Life just wasn't fair.