12│Trapped In A Maze│

Hi everyone! Finally, chapter 12 is here! I hope you guys like this chapter as much as I do! Don't forget to leave a comment and vote! See you in the next saturday! - Love, C.S

"I'm not getting my mind for real..." Lessie leaned her head to her bed as she fiddled in her blanket—tried to warm her from the coldness Declan gave her.

            "You know it's your fault, Darling," Stuart muttered casually as he watched himself in the mirror with his hands tried to attached the tie neatly.

            "I know, but... Don't you think his request was kind of cruel to me?" she took a peek on her blanket to see Stuart's reaction.

            He sighed with his face palmed as he took his suit while he glanced at Lessie. "Well, kind of—but, not as someone who broke a leg," he said with a hissed at the end.

            Lessie uncovered herself from the blanket—showing her whole face that hung in disaster.

            "No offence, Darling. I'm just telling you what I think—since, you ask," he shrugged.

            "So, you think that I'm more cruel than him?" she sounded depressed as she crawled off the bed.

            "Well..." he didn't have to finish his sentence—Lessie already knew what was coming. So, she just sat near his area as she sighed loudly.

            "How can I bare with it?" she wandered in distress—ruffled her own hair as she held herself from screaming loud.

            "I know you can bare with it, Lessie. You're a fantastic doctor—just think that Morgen was your special patient and since you care about him a lot—it was easier for you to bare with it."

            "It's not Morgen who I can't stand! It's..." she sighed. "Never mind, you're right. I'm not being professional here."

            Stuart gazed her through the mirror as he slowly approached her way and kneeled down in front of her.

            "Morgen needs you, Lessie. That's a sign that you're the only one who can give him hope," Stuart softly put his palms on her cheeks as she gazed him down with a sigh.

            "Yeah, you're right." Stuart released his soft stroke as he made a smile. "I might be possessed by a devil because of that person," she murmured—referring the devil was Declan.

            "Alright, I'll be home soon," he leaned his lips on her forehead—leaving Lessie melted down to the ground.

            "Wait," Lessie held his arms—blocking his way from leaving. "I heard from Sandra that you're on North Devon. What are you doing there?"

            Stuart stopped for a while—as he slowly moved away and grabbed a paper bag on his hand—leaving Lessie curious.

            "What is that?" she asked while holding her smile.

            "Things that you might like," he said.

            Without a doubt—Lessie opened the gift and found a simple—but, yet elegant with a tiny diamond in the end as she gasped in excitement.

            "I didn't know that you'll be moving to London—well, since you surprised me with that," Stuart muttered with a smile as Lessie laughed in joy. "I tried to give you a surprise since my long trip around Europe—So... I want to give you that for a surprise visit—but, seems like you're one step further than me."