|| Chapter Four ||

|| Chapter Four ||

There were many different ways I pictured Trent’s reaction when he distinguishes the fact that I had ran away and completely failed to follow his instructions.

For example, I pictured him shouting at me at the top of his voice with the pack as witness to what I had done. I pictured him dialing our parents while explaining what had happened and how disappointed he was in me. I also pictured him grounding me – which he doesn’t do – while also explaining the rules and how to keep myself safe.

Never in a million years did I expect him reacting the way he did. Yes, he did shout at the top of his voice but that wasn’t the main point here.

He assigned me a freaking bodyguard.

You heard me correctly; an actual live bodyguard. Those muscled men who are meant to follow you everywhere you go and act all crazy and delusional when you ask to be left alone because they think there might be danger awaiting you.

Yes, those guys.

He didn’t stop there though. The bodyguard just had to be James Anderson. Yes, the guy I used to have the biggest crush on. Persuading Trent to change his mind was the hardest thing ever, so, that’s why I failed to get rid of the bodyguard motive. Persuading Trent to change James to someone else also proved my failure at changing his mind.

I tried arguing about leaving me with a guy – who might I mention is the biggest player on the planet – but Trent didn’t buy it arguing back with:

“James is one of the strongest wolves in this pack Rose and I trust him. Besides, he’s the only good fighter that’s around your age. I’m not going to make an old man look after you, kinda perverted actually.”

James and Trent had a very good relationship so it didn’t surprise me when he said he trusted him. However, I knew what he was like and there was no way on earth was I going to act all trust-worthy towards him and start pouring out all my secrets.

“You have got to be kidding me,” I mumbled.

Trent shook his head and heaved a sigh. “Rose, I’m not kidding and you know it. If James is going to stop you from putting yourself in danger then so be it. I’m not going to have my baby sister hurting herself—”

“I’m not a freaking baby!” I exclaimed tired of all the times he has treated me like I was young and clueless. “I can pretty much take care of myself.”

He glared at me. “Yeah, and that’s why you ran off for a whole day leaving me without any explanation why and, let me remind you, threw yourself in front of Daniel Collins. Like, who does that?”

I sighed. He was right, who does that?

 You…

“So you’re not going to change your mind about James?” I asked him even though I pretty much knew the answer was going to be ‘no’.

“No.”

Yep, that’s what I was expecting. “Fine, be like that,” I told him. Stupid and absoloutely childish but I couldn't think of anything better.

Just as I was about to walk out I heard him say, “Don’t go home, I don’t want you staying home alone, go with James.”

Then and there, I could have punched him straight in the face.

*.*.

“No.”

“Why not, Rose?”

“No, I don’t like football.” I voiced my opinion on the dreaded sport. Since I couldn’t go home, James had proposed a game of football. Well, he said I could join him and the other pack members.