(27) I'll Be Your Weight IF You Make Me Breakfast

OMG everyone look at the fabulous cover made by We_Are_Infinite! (: Thank you so much!

Hope you all enjoy this chapter. ;)

More at the bottom I have sooome questions for you people.

_____________________________________

I woke up in my own bed sadly Rayner and I had decided since last nights turn of events it'd be safer to sleep separately. I hadn't had a single nightmare last night which I was thankful for, but it would have been nice to cuddle up to Rayner. I got dressed in a tank top and some shorts because I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon and went to get a bowl of cereal.

"Tori?!" Rayner called to me from his bedroom. I placed the cereal box on the counter and hurried into Rayner's room. I was completely shocked to find him shirtless and sweating. He smirked seeing the affect he had on me. "Would you help me out for a second?" I tried to focus my eyes on the weights around him.

"S-sure... What do you need." I made eye contact with his playful orbs.

"How much do you weigh?" I scrunched my face together.

"What?" He rolled his eyes motioning for me to continue. "I don't know like 115, 120?" He smiled.

"Perfect, come here." I raised my eyebrows at him. "Come on." He motioned impatiently. "I need your help." He grabbed my arm and suddenly I was no longer on the ground. I shreiked loudly not expecting to be picked up. He had me over his head in seconds and started using my stiff body as a human weight.

"Excuse me! What are you doing?" I questioned suddenly in a high pitched voice making him laugh loudly. I didn't find any of this funny, I nearly died.

"I needed something heavier." I scoffed pretending to take offense to his words.

"Well I never!" He laughed louder and continued doing his thing which actually took some strength on my part. Staying this straight was sort of an effort.

"I'm just saying. I mean I haven't been able to go to the gym, and I'm losing my flare." I rolled my eyes. Whatever, if anything he was bigger than when I first saw him. "Gotta keep in shape, and the only way to do that is heavier lifting." 

"Hey I'm not THAT heavy." I protested and thought about what I could get out of this. "I will help you, but you have to make me breakfast." I compromised wiggling my eyebrows once he set me back on the ground.

"Deal. You need to gain some weight if you are going to help me anyway." He teased and I slapped his bare chest. "What?!" He chuckled. "Now sit." He demanded getting on his hands and knees I sat on his back as he did what seemed like a hundred push ups, but I'm sure it was only fourty or so. I lost count when I felt his muscles contracting underneath me. The fact that he could lift my dead weight and press me no problem made me feel even more protected, and turned on.

Once he was finished using me, he downed an entire bottle of water giving me a chance to eye his naked chest. It's glossy sheen had me bothered again, all I could think about was how he'd look above me. I almost slapped myself for thinking so provocatively, but honestly I couldn't help it he is beautiful.

"So! What do you want for breakfast?" I had to refrain myself from saying him, and found my mouth doing that unattractive flopping thing I did way too often. "French toast it is!" He smirked grabbing me just at my waist and pulling me into his damp frame. "By the way, you don't have to be ashamed for staring." He winked causing an involuntary shudder to pass through me. Then he stole a quick kiss and left me standing in his room completely dumbfounded.

Quite some time later Rayner had a mandatory meeting at the station leaving me home alone again. I didn't really like being alone usually, but all the excitement lately was leaving me pretty on edge. I was glad to have some time to myself so I could breathe normally. Rayner had me going crazy but I wasn't complaining.

I did a little cleaning and then decided to go for a walk, and on that walk I decided I needed a pet. It seemed like it was national take your dog for a walk day because I saw at least ten people with their animals. It made me a little jealous considering I had never had a pet before. My mother was allergic to anything cute and fluffy. Thinking of my mother usually made me sad, but today I was smiling.

After I had made my way around the entire complex I just went back upstairs and watched some TV. Most of the day had gone by and Rayner had been gone longer than usual. I was starting to worry, when I heard the stomping up the stairs, the door jiggled, and a beat looking Rayner walked in.

He huffed kicking off his shoes and laying down immediately with his head in my lap. "Where have you been?" I asked looking down at him, he had his eyes closed and he just shrugged.

"Took longer than I thought it would." He seemed bothered, but I wasn't sure why. I wanted to talk about it, but I wasn't sure if that would be crossing boundaries. I wasn't sure what went on at his weekly meetings, but he always seemed really bothered by them.

"Feel free to tell me if I am being too nosey, but what exactly goes on in those meetings?" He winced and shook his head rubbing my leg. It couldn't be that bad.

"Let's just say there are a lot of people like you, but their stories are a bit more gruesome. They think it will give us more motivation to protect if we see other situations. They are just hard to see sometimes. I know it shouldn't bother me because it is my job, but it does. I'm only human and some things you just can't unsee." I felt deeply for him, he was a tough person. I'm sure he's seen things no person should. "Don't worry about it though Tor." He sat up and kissed my hair. "I'm going to make some food I'm starved."

I followed him into the kitchen and sat on the counter watching him. "Have you heard anything else about my case?" I asked not really wanting to know the answer. I wanted justice, but I was afraid.

"Not much, those guys were really stealthy. They do know that they weren't just random men off the street. They had a purpose for being there, and the only thing investigators can piece together as a motive is money. A business deal gone wrong? Something." That was also the only thing I could think of. My parents were sort of secretive, but I can't imagine them ever being involved with people that would kill them.

"I think they were clients after their money. I don't feel like my parents would knowingly put themselves in danger. They wouldn't do deals with bad people they just weren't those kinds of people." Rayner shrugged.

"At this point anything is possible. For now though it is safer for you to be here, where no one can get to you. If they are after your fortune they will do whatever they can to get it. Since your parents left you all their money, you are who they will want." No one had ever put it like that for me. I had no idea it was that big of a deal for me to be in hiding. I just hoped they wouldn't find me.

_____________________________________________________________

Thank you sooo much everyone! VOTE COMMENT FAN!