Chapter 19: Perfect Plan

———————————————————————

Ely's POV

We have been thinking about it for such a long time since Lora became weak because of a lack of food. I came back here to the Philippines a week ago just to give her what she needs since our father can't handle it all. Lora needs more food and nutrients, but the animal flesh can't give her enough of them, so we started this plan to give her more flesh and blood from people to regain her strength.

I called Dad to schedule a trip with strangers that will stay in Mt. Sacred for a few days and nights, and since he is a driver and his business is a van for rent, it became easy for him to do his task. I also told him to tell no one about our relationship so that no one would think we were connected to each other. I also told him to hire a tour guide who is in great need so that he would not refuse the job. Well, it's not hard to pretend to act like you have been in that job for so long, and there, my dad chose this Aga to be part of the plan. He told Aga to fully- book the day we pick because he'll have a surprise for his child, and Aga will just watch everything but never interfere in the said surprise but he did and even if he did not he will still going to die.

On the way to the mountain, Lora couldn't control herself to interact with us, so she made a hole in the wheel of our van by throwing a sharp-pointed thing made from bone. It's a good thing that all are asleep, and there, Dad made his move to talk to Lora and stop her and wait for us tonight when we reach the mountain.

At first, we decided that no one would leave this mountain alive, but along the way, since there are many of them and it's hard to make a perfect plan, I changed my mind. I saw Ck, and she can be the psycho killer— no big investigation no more many chances to discover  that a half-human, half-snake exists.

I tell Aga to told  Mang Matt (My Dad) not to touch Ck, when they are currently swimming in the river. He ask some questions of course due to  some instinct maybe but I told him that he just need to do his job, so there, he just keep his mouth shut and then Ck come to invite me to join them.

After reaching the camp site, it's still in the plan that Mang Matt (my dad) will show himself to someone in the campers so that upon the attack of Lora and killing them one by one, they will only suspect Mang Matt. And it worked.

And even if Lora can't talk due to her snake-like tongue, she can understand us, and she only follows what me and dad are saying, so I tell her to disperse some of her friends snakes near us and bite some of the campers so that we can easily trick the others and bit them, and well, it goes smoothly as well.

And I know that everyone will not stick with each other because they are strangers; that will be the time that Lora attacks them. And great, I'm correct again. This is the time when Emon gets inside the tent, and, oh, the slipper that we saw nearby, Maye's dead body, is just a coincidence. Maybe Emon dropped it when Lora grabbed her and went into that part of the forest. That's kind of great because Emon became suspect too. After him, Jerry and Izzy had some arguments, went inside the forest, and became the second victims.

Everything was running well until Aga saw my sister Lora attacking Jerry, but good thing Dad (Mang Matt) was there; he hit Aga and he felt asleep. That's the time Dad made this plan to get all the ID numbers and tied them to Aga, so when he wakes up and goes back to the camp site, he will become a new suspect too. And just in time, when few are still alive—me, Ck, Josh, and Eerie—he comes out of nowhere. And we just did the right thing to make him suspect too, because he was just about to tell us that she saw Lora, and just in time before he talked about Dad's surpised plan, I bit him up to death and made him silence.

This is the time that we need to move down the mountain apart. I told Josh and Eerie to go down first, while Ck is currently having a breakdown due to what she saw me doing. And of course they all think I am trustworthy. The two move as fast as they can, but they don't know that Lora is just around, waiting for the right timing to attack.

And while Ck is alone with me, I can make her fall for me even more, so I let her feel that I really care for her. And I did not fail; I brought her into Lora's big cage underground, where she can see Dad as the main suspect when she gets caught by the police on the next dawn, and also to see Lora and make her look crazy while telling the police the story of half-snake, half-human killing.

Dad's death wasn't part of the plan, but it's already done. Lora couldn't control her temper when she saw Ck attacking our father, but just in time, I came before Lora killed Ck because of so much anger.I let Ck run and run until she got tired of looking for the cave's exit, but there's no other way inside beside the one we entered. And because of lack of rest and sleep, all night running without food or even water, and emotional instability, her mind and body get weak and exhausted, which is the main reason for her unconsciousness for a day and a night. And there is enough time for me and Lora to clean up the place, burn all the possible evidence with the bodies, and set up all the things that will make Ck the main suspect.

We did a great job after all; my father's life wasn't wasted. We protected Lora; she's still safe and alive; she ate the food that her body needs; and she can now rest again for a year. It's not hibernation, but her metabolism will now slow down, and she will not go out to look for food. As the temperature drops on these coming rainy days, she will stay there underground and sleep. Well, I also inject some medicine into her to make her sleep well and rest for a long period of time.

———————————————————————