❛❛No homo...❜❜

Me and Freshbeans have been cooking up this idea for a while, I think I have enough of a plot to turn it into a fic 😼

Freshbeans6479

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Michikatsu Tsugikuni lie in bed as his "friend" gets a towel and some snacks to share. He cues up "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" like always, putting on the Nightmare Night episode he's seen probably a million times.

If this show has taught him anything, it's that he and Muzan are NOT  friends.

➽──────────────❥

Their "arrangement" started approximately 8 years ago- they were 19 and fresh out of freshman year.

It was a gloomy way to start the summer for Michikatsu. He had just got broken up with by a girl that he can't even remember the name of. In hindsight, he was only sad for selfish reasons. And even though he was being used, he shouldn't have gotten into that relationship anyways. It was just so selfish of him. 'Yoriichi already has Uta... I can't let him beat me at love! (Even though he probably always will..)'

So, Muzan, being the good "friend" that he is, Invited Michikatsu over.

He doesn't remember exactly how it happened- he just remembers that they were home alone, Muzan somehow got his hands on alcohol, and they both got drunk. He doesn't remember why- he doesn't think underage drinking is a good idea, nor does he like the type of alcohol Muzan had that night.

He supposed that he was just upset about the inevitable that his father would nag him about finding a new girlfriend, and that he was 'losing' to Yoriichi in yet another manner. He also supposed that it was better to find out that he can only take about 3 shots with his most trusted person than at some collage party that he'd never go to.

They were laughing, tipsy and somehow made it into bed. He doesn't remember how, he doesn't remember what it was like, he only remembered that he felt warm and fuzzy. He vaguely remembers cuddling and falling asleep to MLP, but what he really remembers is the pain when they woke up, sober, yet hungover.

The realization, the denial, pushing themselves into a near decade long corner of not living their lives to the fullest...

"You kept your socks on! Don't worry, it's not gay!" Muzan said, yet still clinging to Michikatsu.

"Yeah..! Plus.. we were just drunk... for the first time...! It had no meaning..."

And it was just a coincidence that they could never find a girlfriend. That nobody wanted them. It was just a coincidence that that they had nobody else to spend Valentines Day with, spend their birthdays with, go out to eat with, go on vacation with.

It was just a coincidence that they kept it up, made it a regular thing. "This is how bros bond, trust me!" It just kept happening, happening, happening. Their little secret, nobody else knew, nobody else could tell. They went on everyday acting nothing ever happens. It meant nothing, after all.

But it did mean something. It meant quite a lot to Michikatsu, at least. He had recently come to terms that he's been in love with this man since he was 17- even while he was dating his ex... He followed him to college, even though it was in the end detrimental to his degree in samurai history. He had to work at some local museum, and even though he for the most part enjoyed it- he liked being able to yap about his interest have people listen- he wasn't earning as much money as he could.