Chapter 47

Xander pov

Ayla is really excited and happy when Adele's goes through hers and Emily's designs. She is very impressed and even offers Ayla to work with her for her next fashion show which will be held in France in seven months. They are currently sipping on champagne which Adele brought.

I drove her here and I am currently waiting for them to finish, so that I can take her back to the office. I don't trust her enough to be on her. She always gets into troubles.

"You can leave Xander", she whispers for me. "I will get to the office. You don't have to worry"

"I'll wait", I make sure my voice is firm so that she can hear that there is no point arguing with me.

"Okay Bighead", she smirks.

This damn name again! But when I see her grinning, I let it be. If it makes her happy, then she can call me by any name. She just have to ask and I will happily place the entire world at her feet.

I was disturbed when I saw Sarah standing with her last time. I knew that Ayla would get these mad notions in her head and I was right. She didn't wasted any time to try to push me towards her.

She can be so infuriating at times. Her mind keeps churning with all kind of possibilities. She wants to leave. She keeps insisting for divorce. It's never going to happen. As long as I am alive she is not going anywhere. Little did I know, that she was going to be the one, I would want so
badly. She is running away from me though. Yersterday, I was so close to admit how badly I want her.

Under the pretence of my third demand, I wanted to ask her to be mine, but she panicked and ran away. She is still a mystery and I will unravel every secrets of hers until they become mine to carry.

I hear a funny bark and look down. Ah this little shit again!

Ayla laughs when she sees Terry barking at me. I wonder what is this dog's problem. He can't even do anything besides barking. One kick and he'a gone.

"Xander", Ayla is by my side again. "Madelaine is asking if I can look after Abel and Terry today. I told her yes. Her nanny is still sick and she has an important meeting to attend with Adele. Are you okay with it?"

I am about to refuse but her big doe brown eyes stop me. She is looking at me with so much hope and I don't have the heart to turn her down. She looks so happy to spend time with that little boy.

"Yes", I agree.

"Great", she smiles. "I am taking them home"

There's that smile again. She has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I feel speechless for a while.

Wait a second. Did she just said home? She can't even carry this child for god's sake! He is fat. Now that I can't refuse her, I will have to work from home. I will have to keep an eye on them. And that damn dog will be home as well. She will get tired at some point. She has consumed alcohol as well.

When her little meeting with Adele wraps up, I tell her to wait for me in the car. I have to speak with Emily. I have been noticing a slight change in Ayla's behaviour for a while and I have to ask Emily about it. Ayla will never tell me anything. Her nightmares are turning worst. She cries with pain at times and the strangest thing is that she doesn't even remembers anything in the morning.

"Emily, do you have a few minutes?", I ask her.

Ayla is already outside with Madelaine and Adele. They are getting Abel's carseat settle in my car.

"Yeah sure. What's wrong?"

"Listen, I need you to be honest with you. Did Ayla struggled with eating in the past?"