Chapter 60

╔═════════════════╗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟎
╚═════════════════╝

"Careful how you run!" Sanji scolded as he ran beside Luffy who carried Nami on his back, (Y/n)'s naginata under the back of her knees which he gripped for extra support "One small nudge and she could fall into the snow" 

"It's gotten a little colder" Luffy pointed out as he narrowed his eyes from the snow that flew into his face and around him "The wind's picking up..."

"So why aren't you wearing shoes?!" Sanji called to him, it was beginning to be more difficult for them to communicate in this cold that almost froze their tongues "Just seeing this is painful" He mentioned to Luffy's flipflops 

"This is my police!" He said proudly 

"I think you mean... Policy!" (Y/n) shouted over the wind 

"Oh yeah... That!" 

"I can't believe it... Like Captain, like Navigator!" Usopp shook his head in disbelief  before glancing at the ex-Marine "You're no better!" 

"Do you realize in what condition you're in, Nami?" Sanji asked gently yet worriedly as he looked at the ginger on the Strawhat's back

"Are you sure you'll be okay? It'll take hours to get there..." Vivi added in concern while fixing the hood of Nami's yellow coat 

"I..." Nami tried to open her eyes as her arms were wrapped around Luffy's neck and her head lying limp on his shoulder "I tru... st..." 

"Don't worry, we'll get you there safe and sound" (Y/n) assured while taking off her warm brown leather gloves and putting them on Nami's freezing hands instead "Try to keep warm, that's all we need you to do right now" 

"I'll come with you" Sanji suddenly said as he stepped up beside the (H/c) who glanced at him 

"Listen, Luffy!" Usopp spoke up as he pointed at the Captain "Don't fall even once, or you can expect Nami to die!" 

"Eh?! Even once?!" Luffy asked in shock as his head turned to the Sniper

"Don't move, I'm still tightening the knot" Vivi said sternly as she wrapped some fabric around Nami's waist, under (Y/n)'s naginata which was against her back of the knees, and around Luffy so she wouldn't slip "Okay, all done..." She said and stood up to full height before turning to Sanji and (Y/n) "I'm going to stay here, I'd only get in the way otherwise..."

"Same here!" Usopp said with hands on his hips  

"Okay, Nami" Luffy grinned from ear to ear as he glanced at the Navigator on his back "Hold on tight!" 

"If you're really set on going... I won't stop you" Dalton said as he looked at the group of Pirates "But at least climb up from the other side, there are Lapins on this course..." He explained while pointing at the mountain "Fierce, carnivorous rabbits" He answered the confused looks he got from the word 'Lapins' "If you encounter a pack of them, you're as good as dead"