Asher is smart!!

Everyone makes their way to the patio. They all sit down. Asher and Carter barely look at each other. Everyone can feel the tension in the air. They will all talk. Nathan(N), Liam(Li), Luke(Lu), Lucas(L), Elijah(E), Carter(C), Asher(A), and Maverick(M).

(Li) Thank you for buying dinner Elijah. 

(E) You're welcome, I am just glad we can all eat together. 

(N) Me too. 

(L) Carter, how did your day go?

(C) It went good sir. 

(L) Buddy, you don't have to call me sir. 

(C) Sorry.

(E) Carter, I am sorry we all hurt your feelings. 

(Lu) We do trust you and it was not fair for us to judge you based on what one person said. 

(E) Sorry Nathan, but he is right. You told us that Carter gets excited and tells stuff without asking first. 

(M) You did the same thing to Asher. 

(N) What do you mean?

(E) We are not going to argue tonight. Does everyone agree?

Everyone nods and they continue on with their conversation while they are eating. Asher and Carter have eaten fast where they can go to his room after this talk. 

(N) Can you explain?

(E) You told Mary that Asher was gay. You didn't ask if that was ok. You just assumed you could tell her. 

(L) He trusted you with that secret and you let it out of the bag. 

(N) Asher, I am so sorry. I did not think about it like that. Do you forgive me?

 (A) Yes. 

(M) Carter, I am going to share a secret with you. I need you to keep it between us though. If my dad finds out he might kick me out or make me move away. 

(C) I promise I won't say anything. All the students at school know Asher is coming. They have all asked why he has not come yet. I told them he has been sick. I would never tell something you told me not too. 

(A) Thank you, Carter. 

(C) You're welcome. 

(M) Luke and I decided we like each other. We are boyfriends, we went on a date and had a good time. I am just afraid my dad would be mad. 

(C) I promise I won't say anything. 

(M) Thank you, buddy. 

(Lu) Do you forgive us?

(C) Yes. 

(E) Does that mean you might spend the night, if Nathan can talk your parents into it? 

(C) Yes. 

(A) Can you give them the gifts now?

(L) What gifts?

Elijah pulls out two envelopes. He hands one to Carter and one to Nathan. 

(E) This is from Asher. He wants you to know he loves you two very much. He missed your birthdays as well. So, he decided he wanted to give you something. 

(N) You don't have to do that. You didn't know us then. 

(C) Yeah, I feel bad taking a gift. 

(A) Please. 

Nathan nods and him and carter open the envelopes. They see the one thousand dollars in cash and the check for nine thousand dollars each. 

(E) He wants you two to have money to buy something you want. There are two stipulations to accepting it.