20

"Tell me," Her friend pried.

"I have nothing to tell," Rue said.

Xana pouted, "Come on don't be a mood killer.

Xana joined her friend on the bed and pulled the covers, covering both of them.

They slept face to face their breaths intertwining in the little space between them.

"I love him." Rue confided.

Xana's mouth hung open. "Love? I have never met him or heard of him until now. How can you be sure?

Rue smiled dreamily momentarily forgetting Mr. Fox's rejection and betrayal.

"I have been sure since I was fifteen."

Xana bit her lip and smacked her friend across her shoulder, "And you are just telling me this now?"

Rue laughed and moved away as Xana attempted to smack her again.

"Stay away you violent monster." Rue said between fits of laughter, she was glad that her friend was here with her; the distraction and laughter she brought.

After a while the girls laid on the bed on their backs, breathlessly.

"Who is he?" Xana asked after a while.

Rue smiled again dreamily, She wanted to tell her friend not just who he was, she wanted to explain how she felt, what her heart desired badly, she wanted to whisper the unforgettable pleasure she had experienced and it was just a memory now.

"I am dying save me from this agonizing feeling.." Xana begged.

Rue wanted to say she also wished someone would save her from the agonizing torture Mr. Fox was putting her through.

"He doesn't want me Xana," Rue spoke her pain out.

Xana sat upright, the pain in her friends voice almost tangible. She hated to see her this miserable.

"Show me where he is. I will have my father beat his ass, Sasha can show us where to hide his body, you know how that kid likes to take my things and they disappear without a trace." Xana said.

"You are exaggerating, he rejected me not kill me," Rue responded.

"Similar crime," Xana interjected. Rue smiled at how her friend would hype her. All over sudden a cold feeling spread through her chest settling down to her stomach, she wondered if Xana would still stand by her side when she would learn it was her father.

Xana shook her head still in disbelief, "How could a man ever reject you?"

Rue let out a sad smile, "Apparently i am too young and too pure."

Xana face contoured into confusion, "Wait, you mean he is an old man?"

"If you mean age, yes but his...." Rue's cheek turned red, recalling how he had thrusted in and out of her with such vivacity that an old person couldn't possess.

"Oh my God, You perv!" Xana taunted her friend.

She was underestimating her perversion.

"He popped your cherry." She concluded.

And she liked it, only that Rue silently spoke those words with her huge smile and the spark in her eyes. She had no regrets of what had happened, she was just sad of what followed.

"Unbelievable!" Xana was still amazed. She saw her friend as beautiful, intelligent, hardworking, driven....Her qualities were an asset to anyone. She could attest to that based on their friendship.

She watched the smile that was on Rue's lips slowly disappear into sadness as the reality of the situation hit her again. She wanted to make her feel better.

"There is a dinner for doctors tonight, come as my plus one to free your mind," She said, though her goal was to maybe hook her up with some of those older doctors since she had recently discovered Rue liked older men.

Xana couldn't conceive seeing herself interested in older men, Eew! Men were unbearable to be with and to top it with an old man that was from a different generation, was catastrophic. They were not attractive as young men, they had seen it all and could not be awed by a lot of things that a young person could be experiencing for the first time. However, she knew to respect her friend's preference.

Rue seemed thoughtful to the invitation. Weighing the tempting offer her friend was suggesting. She knew that she was trying to help however, Rue was scared she wouldn't be able to survive the night being around Mr. Fox, and if she would manage, the presence of Angie would sent her to the morgue.

"Thank you Xana, but i can't." She was surprised by herself. At no point had she turned down an opportunity to be around Mr. Fox.

Did this mean that she was slowly forgetting about him? She didn't want to. To do so would mean, that the future she wanted was not going to happen. She wanted him in her future, despite the present being painful.

"You are coming!" Xana dictated as she jumped out of the bed. "You better be ready when i come." She warned.

The woman on the photos stared back at Rue, she envied her beauty and how even in her absence she lived on. Xana spoke fondly of her mother, Mr. Fox reminded Xana how she looked like her. His voice would be tender and soft whenever he mentioned her.

Rue didn't think she could be beautiful as the woman in the stolen album. But she could imitate her fashion sense. It was elegant and classy. She couldn't afford such outfits but she had mustered the art of thrift shopping until she found one of a kind attire, she then would wash them and iron and few people could tell that she wore cheap clothes.

She had chosen a little black dress, it went slightly past her butt making her feel like a black rose. She paid it with a long coat that did the job of hiding the sinful dress she had on. She had a plan, Mr. Fox wouldn't know what hit him. She slid her feet into her old worn out stiletto sandals, picked her purse and rushed downstairs to her waiting friend.

"You better open your eyes tonight choose better you don't end up like me with you father." Her mother warned. She was used of her mother complaining how she could have chosen a wealthier and better mate.

She ignored her, she had her own problems to solve not change a past she had no part in.

"What are you hiding beneath that coat," Xana shouted at her friend.

"You are still a child my friend, allow me to spare your innocence." Rue joked and Xana smiled as she opened the door to the Limo they were travelling in.

"Where is everybody?" Rue asked.

"If you mean my father, he went to pick Angie." Xana said unaware how her words made her friend bitter. Rue couldn't blame her.

"They are getting serious." Rue whispered.

"I hope, the twins adore her." Xana kept on pushing the dagger deeper.

"You don't find her condescending?" Rue's anger took over almost revealing the true feeling she was feeling.

"She is no different from you and I," Xana said.

Rue's anger started to rise. She had nothing in common with that man stealing devil.

"Are you okay?" Xana asked concerned.

If only she knew the turmoil brewing in her friends body.

Rue lied by nodding.

Xana asked the driver to commence with their drive while Rue was already regretting the night.