6

Rue woke up with her nose swollen. She knew that it was useless to tell her mother. Her mother would pick his side and say she provoked her brother to violence. Her father was afraid of Eli. Eli's means of communication were violence and threats. Despite being the eldest, Rue was expected to pick after him and ensure she didn't disobey him.

She walked to the window to see if Mr. Fox was still around. The curtains on his window were drawn, his bed made and no sight of him. She was a little disappointed.

She drafted a text to her friend, Xana asking subtly if her father was around and he had mentioned anything or act different. She sent the text and decided to take a quick bath for leave for her shift.

After her long bath and already dressed she descended down stairs. She had managed to put make up over her bruised nose to hide it. Her father was sleeping on the couch, stinking of alcohol and vomit. And her mother was in the kitchen. She decided to take some coffee before she left. She found her mother cursing at the old broken coffee machine. Filled with rage she pulled the machine and threw it on the floor.  Anger management was unfamiliar thing in their household.

"Where is Zoey?" She asked her mother. She had note that her sister and niece were missing.

"What do you think?" Her mother said jumping over the broken coffee machine and its pieces.

She sighed, "Why did you not stop her?" She asked her mother. Zoey had an on and off again relationship with the father of her child. She was just sixteen and he was twenty one. Despite Rue expressing how wrong that relationship was, none of her parents cared or they were afraid of his parents to sue him.

The King family were an obscenely wealthy family. They had two irresponsible spoilt sons and one of them happened to be Zoey's boyfriend. He was, Joe, He was coddled, had people who handled his life for him. He even had things he he didn't know what to do with them. However he was trouble, in and out of prison and Zoey couldn't stay away from him.

"What do you mean stop her? don't be jealous of your younger sister." Her mother said throwing things around without stating what she needed and be helped before the kitchen was once again a mess.

Rue shook her head, it was not new to hear those words. Zoey was the pretty sister and she knew it. She saw how men would gaze at her and her mother wouldn't stop mentioning it. She still cared for her sister and wished she would go back to school to build a life for herself and daughter, but Zoey would not hear none of that. She would mention that her daughter was a King and that they life were already secured with the inheritance Joe would get.

"I will be late today." Rue said, not like it mattered.

Her mother after throwing everything around left the kitchen.

She was about to leave too before she stepped on a piece of the coffee machine. She knew that no one was going to bother cleaning the mess. She took a broom and a dustpan and began cleaning before her mother came back again.

"Can you read this document and tell me what you think?" She gave her the document.

Rue gave her mother a peculiar look, she was curious what was so important in this document and surprised she had trusted her enough to ask for her opinion. She leaned back of the counter, the dust pan still on her hand and carefully read the document. It was an offer to purchase their house. She immediately skimmed for the amount of money, they were offering. It was a lot and suspicious one was willing to buy this old house at that amount.

"It is a lot of money." She muttered to herself.

"We can be rich again." Her mother spoke, one could see the saliva on the sides of her mouth. She was a greedy woman.

"Does dad approve?" She asked. This house was her father's pride, he had gone to all lengths to repurchase it. It used to be his parents house.

"Who cares?" She said and left Rue with her own thoughts. Rue was quick to finish arranging the kitchen again.

She read Xana's reply on her way to work. Apparently, Mr. Fox had also asked about her. She smiled that he at least cared.

One pm, was at Mr. Fox's clinic. As usual it was filled with Women mostly who always were trying their luck with him. She was walked to his secretary and stated her purpose. His secretary knew her and Mr. Fox did give her instructions that she was like a daughter to him and she was given priority whenever she visited.

When a patient walked out, the secretary told her she could enter.

Mr. Fox was both surprised and pleased to see her.

"What are you doing here, are you okay?" He question with concern all over him.

Rue shook her head, "I am not, Mr. Fox." She said.

"How do you feel, where does it hurt?" He was quick to move to her with his stethoscope.

She pointed at her chest and he bend to listen to her heartbeat.

He looked at her confused, "It seems normal." He said.

"But, i don't feel normal Mr. Fox. It hurts." She said.

"When do you feel the hurt?" He asked.

"Whenever i think of you and Angie." She pouted and Mr. Fox took a step back when he realized that she was not sick or physically hurt in any way.

"You should not scare me like that again." He warned her.

Rue just smiled at him, "You do care, after all." She took a step towards him.

"What are you doing, Rue?" He asked afraid he knew her thoughts.

"I want you," She moved the things on his table and jumped on it, her short dress ridding up exposing her shiny legs.

"I already told you Rue, you are a kid." He said.

"I have no panties, slip it in and i will prove to you how much of a woman i am." She bite her index finger, giving him innocent look.

He released a repressed breath and rubbed his table his eyes set on her.

"I am waiting, Mr. Fox." She said in a soft voice.

He opened his mouth to speak, but his phone rang. He seemed relieved by the interruption and went to answer it.

"Let her in," He finished the call.

Few minutes later, the door was opened and Angie walked in.

Follow me at inkitt: Ivybrown179 to access more chapters and other works. Thanks.