Chapter 35

Four weeks, one month, 28 days had past since Harry's hospital ordeal. They had already been to the hospital once more for a check up on Pumpkin. Harry's pregnancy had become a lot more easier on him. His belly wasn't too big, nausea and aches weren't a problem although he did need the toilet a lot more than usual. Since they were moving around a lot, they had gone to a hospital of the state they were in which happened to be New York.

Harry was two months away from his third trimester and Louis was making sure he was okay more often which made him irritated and frustrated at his fiancé. The nurse they had seen said that their baby was going to start kicking soon, when exactly? They still didn't know. The nurse wasn't the best and she was very vague.

"When will he kick?" Harry asked, grabbing a bag of ice cubes from the freezer, one of his new cravings.

"When he is ready, princess" Louis smiled and took an ice cube from the bag and dropped it in his drink. Louis was actually counting down the days until the American leg was over and it was possible to go back home to England. Luckily, Harry could just about fly when he hit seven months, a couple weeks over seven months and he would be stuck in America to have the baby. Not that he would mind but he wants family around when he is born and to be home in a familiar and comfortable environment.

Harry nodded and rubbed his belly as they sat in the tour bus, waiting for Niall and Alberto to get back from the McDonald's they were buying from. They had to be quick since having a tour bus in the middle of a car park is inconvenient. Louis rested his head on Harry's shoulder and put his hand on Harry's stomach, moving to peck his shoulder, humming peacefully.

Liam was in the back of the bus, talking to his mum. Ever since Liam had spoken to Harry, they had made up but Harry kept his distance. Niall and Alberto returned, handing Louis and Harry's bag of food to them and then Niall to Liam's to him. "How's Tobias doing in there?" Alberto asked and pointed to his stomach. The whole team of the boys as well as their families knew the name already and the boys weren't going to tell the world until he had been born so now they only referred to baby Toby as Pumpkin and Peanut.

"Good, he hasn't kicked yet" Harry frowned. Louis rubbed his belly and kissed his shoulder.

"He will, just give pumpkin some time" He said. Harry sighed and watched as Alberto opened his food, reminding him of his own. Louis kept his hand on his belly as Harry opened the bag. He smiled when he saw his milkshake, sipping it and handing his bag of ice cubes back to Niall who had silently offered to put them back. "Thank you, Nialler" Louis mumbled against Harry's shoulder.

"No problem, mate" he replied and sat down next to Alberto, grabbing his own food as the bus started moving again. Harry ate his big mac as everyone else ate their own dinner. Their stomachs were filled and baby Pumpkin was happy and squirmy but not yet kicking. Harry lay in between Louis' legs on the sofa of the bus as Alberto went to sit by the driver and keep him company.

Liam had joined and now they were all watching a movie as Harry shut his eyes. Louis was playing with his hair, massaging his scalp and twirling parts of Harry's long hair. Harry smiled and rubbed part of Louis' shin. Suddenly, Harry was gasping and pressing his hand to the side of his stomach. Louis, Liam and Niall all jumped up and ran to Harry.

"What happened?" Liam asked hurriedly. Harry looked at Louis and smiled, grabbing his hand and putting it on his stomach. Louis frowned and looked into Harry's eyes, then, just as he was about to move his hand, he felt something nudge his hand from inside of his belly.

"Oh my God" He gasped. Louis shuffled over to him and hugged him, crying into his shoulder and trembling. That kick made everything so much more real, he felt like he had been living a dream the past five months, always waiting to wake up from this haven but it is real and he and Harry are having a baby together.

Niall frowned and put his hand on Harry's belly where he could, pouting when he felt nothing. "He kicked?" Niall asked. Louis nodded and squeezed Harry closer as Liam smiled and stood up, snapping a picture of the two and uploading it to his instagram with the caption being 'First kick :)'. The pictures showed the future fathers, one crying into the others shoulder and that one smiling and looking ecstatic. Louis was bawling from happiness into his shoulder. Niall cooed and put his arms around Louis' waist and putting his head on his back.

"Lou" Harry chuckled. "Calm down!" He laughed as Liam too joined in on the group hug, cheering as Louis continued crying. He pulled himself off Harry and away from Niall before walking to the back of the bus. Harry's smile dropped as he brushed his hair from his face. "I'll go" he said, standing up and walking to the back of the bus. He pushed open the door to the room of where it all started, the whole fling that got them engaged in the long run. "Babe?" he asked and sat opposite Louis whose head was in his hands.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry" He said, wiping his face and looking at him with a smile. "I am happy. So happy, I just didn't want to be crying in front of the lads but now my crying face is all over the world." He laughed forcefully.

"I know, but. . . baby kicked!" Harry cheered again. Louis chuckled and nodded. "Why were you crying so hard?" Harry then asked.

"Because, ever since I got told I was infertile, I prepared myself to come to terms with never being able to have children but now after a one in a million chance, I am having a baby with one of the most beautiful person in the world and I am so happy! It has become more realistic now to know that a living thing is inside of you which is mine and yours and it is unbelievable. I just, it makes me so grateful and I am so glad that you are my fiancé and baby Toby is my. . . my son" Louis ranted.

"Aw, baby" Harry breathed. He put his hand on Louis' and brought it up to his lips. "I know. It's so amazing." Harry giggled and kissed each of his knuckles again.

"We are going to be dad's. Im still shocked" he laughed.