𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟐𝟗

" Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear princesa, happy birthday to you

" Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear princesa, happy birthday to you." My dad sang over the phone as I stocked some textbooks in the nonfiction section at the store. "Thanks, Dad, Love you," I said with a smile, I know he couldn't see it but he knows it's there so it still counts.

"Love you too pumpkin, what are your plans for today?" He asked, speaking loudly over the sounds of cheering playing on the TV. He was most likely watching a football game, if he's not sleeping or cooking, he's on the couch watching TV.

I grabbed another book off the cart, "Hm, I'm at Irmano's right now but I plan on visiting Mom and then my friends threw a party to celebrate me so I'll be attending that too." It sounds like a pretty solid birthday if you ask me.

"Sounds like quite the plan you got there, let me know how visiting mom turns out okay? I wish I could be there but work has my fucking panties in a twist"

"Dad I told you to stop saying that," I frowned and he snickered. " But yeah, I got it, Dad."

"Good, love you pookie."

"Love you too papa, get ready I'm blowing you a kiss." And that I did, I blew a kiss into thin air just for my dad to catch it over the phone.

"I caught it, it's place right here in my heart where it'll be safe and secured. Bye, hun." We hung up the phone, and I continued to stock up the rest of the books off the cart before turning to Al behind me. "Hey Al, I'm finished!" I smiled, pointing to the empty cart.

He flipped the page of his book of the week, "Dahlia, why are you still here?" I frowned, walking to sit across from him in the little reading area I decorated for the store. " Don't look so sad Dolly, I didn't mean it rudely."

"Do you not want me here?" I asked quietly, looking down at my lap.

"Of course I want you here but it's your birthday and you've already been here for two hours. Go, enjoy your life while you can." He said, reaching over and grabbing my hand with a smile. "Okay, Al.."

"Good. Now grab your things, leave, and don't come back until next week. Happy Birthday." He said and I scoffed playfully, kissing his cheek, and went to the counter to grab my belongings. I carefully placed each item in my tote bag, making sure not to mess anything up.

"Happy birthday Lia!" A voice called out followed by a bunch of confetti covering my hair. I looked up from my bag and saw Rae standing there with a wide grin, a birthday hat on, and an empty confetti stick.

I laughed, shaking the confetti off my head. "Thanks, Rae."

"You're welcome! Here, I got you a hat too." She reached into her bag and pulled out a second hat, leaning over and placing it on my head. "Beautiful." I threw my bag over my shoulder and went around the corner to where she was standing.

"Where ya headed now birthday girl? The mall, the park, my place?" She winked, causing me to gag.

"Actually, I was going to visit my mother."