𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟐𝟒

"I rubbed my face with my hands and groaned

"I rubbed my face with my hands and groaned. I was too tired and it was too late to be writing an essay, especially one that's six pages long. Flynn was out with her friends so I sat in the living room enjoying the company of complete silence. I started typing again when the doorbell rang, closing my laptop halfway, I got up and walked to the door.

I looked in the peephole to see Dahlia standing there looking at her phone. Smiling, I opened the door and got a full view of her. She had a box of pizza and what looked to be wings in one hand and a basket of board games in the other. "Hi!" She grinned. "I brought pizza and games!"

"Wow, come in. Here, I'll take this." I said opening the door wider and grabbing the food. Dahlia closed and locked the door as I walked to place the food in the kitchen. "You look so tired my poor baby." She said walking up to me and pinching my cheeks. I huffed, looking away and she laughed.

"What's a word for emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted? Because that's what I am, I just spent the last two days working on a stupid six-page essay." She frowned, leaned up, and kissed my cheek. "Hopefully food and monopoly will make you feel all better."

I nodded, what I didn't tell her was that I've also been on constant Facetime calls with Xavier and Gabby trying to plan this get-together. Dahlia handed me a plate and I smiled, grabbing a few slices of pizza along with some wings. "So where's Flynn?" She asked, looking in the fridge probably for something to drink.

"Bottom drawer. Also, she's out with a few friends." I moved to sit on the couch. She looked up with two cokes in hand and frowned. I knew she didn't really have a liking for Flynn anymore and she didn't even know the friends but she already despised them. "Oh."

"Mhm, " I watched her grab her plate and walk over to where I sat. She handed me my drink and got comfortable. "Do you want to watch TV?"

"No thanks, I just want to talk. We haven't just talked in a while." She said, dipping a wing in ranch. Nasty.

"Ew." I shook my head, biting into my pizza. She gasped, snapping her head towards me.

"What do you mean new? You don't like ranch?" I shook my head, face twisting up in disgust, "Ranch is nasty Lia."

"I am going to leave."

"You won't."

"You're right." She laughed, biting into her wing.

I hummed and looked at her in adoration. Even when she was munching on a buffalo wing, she looked beautiful. I'm convinced she has no flaws, even with everything I know about her. "Hey Dahlia,"

"Hm?" She said cleaning off the bone. Damn.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

"Um, nothing. I pretty much have everything I've ever wanted, maybe just a few friends over with some food." Perfect.

After we ate most of the food, we sat on my carpet with a Connect 4 board between us. "Connect 4. Whoop Whoop!" I raised my hands and celebrated my win. She crossed her arms and furrowed her brows. "You cheated."

"How Dahlia? You could've had Connect 4 three times but you looked over it. Then proceeded to start a new row." I chuckled, picking up the board and turning it over while she murmured. "It's okay love, you'll win next time."

"It's okay ,you'll win next time." She mocked, making her voice deeper and rolling her eyes. Sheesh, mean much? I frowned and she apologized immediately turning my smile upside down. That was corny. "Would you rather be a cat or a T-rex?" She asked, taking all the red coins and putting them on her side.

"What?" I snickered, what kind of question is that?

"I think I would wanna be a T-rex." She shrugged.

"You're not intimidating enough to be a t-rex, you would definitely a cat."

"I am intimidating thank you very much." She stuck her pinky up at me causing me to giggle uncontrollably. "Did you just give me the Chinese middle finger?" I asked in between laughs.

"Yes, I did." She stated proudly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"This is why you wouldn't be a Trex, real Trexes would use the actual middle finger." I stuck my middle finger up to demonstrate. "Like this. I'm the real T Rex if you think about it."

"Hush."

☆ ☆ ☆

After 2 more rounds of Connect Four and one very annoying game of Monopoly, we decided to wrap the night up with a family-size bag of Doritos and a big blanket while we sat on the rooftop of my apartment. This is actually the second time that I've even come up here, but I had the most brilliant idea to come up here.

It was gorgeous here anyway, I don't know why I don't come up here to have some me time. There were fairy lights everywhere, a hot tub, a really nice seating area which we were sitting on and a kitchen. "What do you think about when you look at the stars?" Dahlia asked, looking up at me then the sky.

"Hm. I don't know really, everyone says that stars are ancestors watching over you but I don't believe that. I think they're just aspects of space that do what they're supposed to. But I guess you could say differently if you believe in astrology and all of that." I shrugged, "What about you?"

"I guess I really don't think of anything either. I also don't believe in the astrology - ancestor matter but I do really like seeing them as constellations. It's a rare occurrence but it's really pretty when it happens."

"I bet." I leaned down and kissed her lips softly before pulling away. She hummed and placed her head back on my chest. We sat in silence for a few minutes and it took me a while to actually realize why.

I heard soft snoring and looked down to see Dahlia fast asleep. She looked too peaceful to wake up so I adjusted the blanket and leaned my head on top of hers while slumber soon took over.

a/n: thank you for 1000 reads! i couldnt be anymore grateful than i am rn! love u guys so much 🤍