𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟏𝟗

TW: this chapter will contain the topics of drinking , self- h@rm , toxic / abusive relationships so if any of that stuff is triggering then don't read this chapter!

I slept on the couch last night. After Dahlia spent the whole night ignoring me, I decided to give up and let her be. I wonder why she acted like that yesterday.

I took the liberty to go into the kitchen and make breakfast just in case she woke up. Eggs, bacon, oatmeal, and fresh fruit sat on the counter. Although she doesn't want to talk to me, I have to be there for her in return for all of those times she was for me. I was beyond grateful for her, I hope she knew that.

The whole situation is upsetting, Halloween is supposed to be fun and the day went completely to waste. We had plans for last night but a random interaction I had with some girl ruined it. It feels like everything is my fault.

I fidgeted with my fingers until I heard the bedroom door open. She came out with a smile on her face but I could tell it wasn't genuine. She had on a gray sweatsuit with chocolate stains all over it, her hair was in a low ponytail.

"Hi." She said meekly, going to sit on the couch.

"Hi," I responded, putting on a small smile."I made you breakfast in case you wanted any."

"Thanks. I'll eat it later." Her focus on the wall in front of her. My smile faded at the sight, I had never seen her like that and it made my heart shatter. The fact that I couldn't determine how she was feeling made me feel uneasy. I was supposed to know how to help but how can I help her and I'm clueless.

We sat in a lingering silence, the typing of my keyboard being the only noise filling the room. I took the time to do some schoolwork while Dahlia took some time to gather her thoughts. I was able to get most of it accomplished but my mind traveled to other places. I couldn't help but wonder if we were ever gonna talk or if it would be like this forever.

"Charlotte was my ex." Dahlia suddenly spoke.

"What?"

"The girl you were talking to yesterday? That's my ex."

"Oh." I shut my computer, placing my full attention on her.

"I decided that you deserved to know what happened, I should not have shut you out like that." I began to say something but closed it, considering she probably didn't want me to speak but only to listen. She took a deep breath and looked at me, I gave her a nod of confirmation to allow her to keep talking.

"We started dating 6 years ago, which was my freshman year of college. I had just enrolled in Julliard, and my only other friend didn't get accepted so it was just me. We fell out because of that. I spent the first few weeks alone, me and my roommate didn't connect. She was cool and everything but we had our differences." She took a deep breath and continued.

"Anyways, one day I decided to wake up earlier to study in the cafe for an upcoming test. I was in the middle of studying when she approached the table I was at and started to talk to me. She told me that she'd seen me in class that I looked nice and asked if I wanted to hang out sometime. I had seen Charlotte around as well but I didn't dare to approach her. She was always around friends or the other ballerinas she danced with. The fact that she even knew who I was made me happy, I never thought that someone like her would even look at someone like me so I said yes. She gave me her number and told me that she'd text when she was free."