𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟐

"Wait!" I yelled running out in an attempt to catch up with her

"Wait!" I yelled running out in an attempt to catch up with her. I wanted to ask her for her number, what she did was so kind and I would like to at least make up for it.

Fuck. It was too late. She was nowhere to be found, this being one of the main reasons I hate living in such a big area. They're always overpopulated and she was probably hidden in the huge crowd of people walking the streets.

Walking back into the cafe disappointed and with a thousand eyes on me, I finally go to the counter and order my coffee. Once I get it, I grab my phone to pull up Google Maps. I'm supposed to pick up some textbooks for my lectures at a bookstore. Some reviews on Yelp said the place has some for cheap. School is expensive enough and a bitch needs to save coins.

After walking for some time, I finally reached the bookstore. The bell rang as I walked in and I immediately fell in love with the place. It was beautifully built, all of the rustic shelves, and antique items scattered everywhere, the faint violin music playing. I could spend forever in here.

I walked around for some time browsing the books and observing everything until I finally remembered what I was there for, the textbooks. I noticed the books were organized by genre so I walked over to the non-fiction section and sure enough, I found what I was looking for.

Grabbing what I needed, I attempted to walk to the front of the store without dropping them. "Why are these books so hea-" I was cut off by being bumped into and dropping all my books.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Let me help you." A voice cried before bending down and picking up the books I dropped.

" No it's fine I got it.." I said crouching down to help pick them up and making contact with the same big brown eyes from earlier.

She is one of the most beautiful women I've ever laid eyes on. Her curves, facial features, makeup.. everything about her is stunning.

She cleared her throat before speaking , "We meet again. Are you going to buy these books because I can go ahead and check you out?

I snapped out of my trance before responding, "Oh yeah I am, thanks."

"No problem! " she said while turning on her heels and walking towards the front.

☆ ☆ ☆

Once we reached the counter, I placed my items down and pulled out my wallet. "Your total will be $192.34."She said typing on the register. After paying and two minutes of awkward silence, I finally decided to break it.

"Hey, I didn't get the chance to ask you earlier because you left so suddenly but I would like to repay you for what you did. Is there any chance I could get your number?"

She grinned and pulled out her phone, handing it to me "Oh there's no need for you to repay me .. you were in potential danger and needed help. It's just a simple act of kindness. You can still have my number though, just put it in my phone."

" No no, I want to. Can I ask your name?" Smiling , I grabbed her phone and put in my number knowing on the inside I was giggling like a child receiving candy on Halloween. My not-so-good day just turned great.

"It's Dahlia , you?"

"Raeni. I just sent myself a text, may I have something to carry my textbooks in please?" I ask handing her phone back.

"Yeah sure!" She took her phone putting it aside. She then placed my books in a decent-sized box, wrapped it up and handed it to me. "Have a good day!" she chirped, waving at me as I walked out of the store.

I smiled knowing she just made it better.