The Railgun And The Meltdowner

The dark giant of a lab held plenty of memories.. One of the facilities that had initiated Project Radio Noise, and the project to create a Level 6 through the mass murder of 20,000 clones... a place Mikoto had tried and succeeded in destroying.. the building was in shambles.. electrical areas and giant power cables as thick as anacondas all torn apart.. giant claws hung from the ceiling along with the massive testing areas.

The main rooms of the labs were so massive and full of strewn about equipment, crumbled walls and conveyer belts.. it was like a parkour lover's dream.

Mikoto sat on top of a large raised concrete platform in the middle of the gargantuan lower foundation of the destroyed lab.. waiting.. until she heard footsteps echoing in the dark.

Mugino arrived, looking quite suspicious as she twirled a phone around in her hand. "Seriously... you being the one issue out the challenge? That's not like you Railgun. Am I really supposed to believe you'd challenge me to a 1 on 1? You don't have that kind of pride.."

"And yet here you are." said Mikoto with a shrug. "So you must believe a bit of it at least."

"Well you can say it's more of a hope." said Mugino. "Somebody doesn't just decide one day, 'hey! I'm going to go fight somebody!' there has to be a reason."

"I need info.. and I know you're not going to give it to me without a fight.. and I'd rather not brawl over it with people nearby to get hurt." said Mikoto.

"Ahhh.. lucky me.. so I guess I should count myself lucky that I have something you want.. or I wouldn't have such a glorious chance!" said Mugino, giving Mikoto a sly thirsty grin. "You should play that new VR that just came out in America... that Gun Gale thing.. I hear they do that all the time in there.. and I heard that you were a pretty big VR nut... so, tell me how many lives you added to the blood on your hands in Sword Art Online.."

"3.. " said Mikoto. "Red Players... "

"Laughing Coffin right?" said Mugino. "I heard about them.. guess 3 more added to the other 10,000 sisters that are dead... you and me Railgun.. our hands are as bloody as they can ever get.. you don't get power in this city without at least a handful of blood right?"

"Are you here to try and psychologically flip me out? Or are you going to fight?" Mikoto said, popping her neck and jumping down lightly from the platform.

"Well well.. you really do mean business!" said Mugino.. she brought her hands up.. and in between them green energy gathered up, forming into a Meltdowner sphere. "Alright then! Shall I go first!?"

A powerful beam of energy made it's way at Mikoto, leaving a burst of wind in it's wake. Mikoto let electricity envelope her body, and swiped a hand at the beam, causing it to deflect and blast straight into a wall in a massive burst of smoke and fire.

"Here we go.." Mikoto breathed. "Just another nasty boss... in the way of the next floor.. eh Kirito?"

Mikoto hurled a lightning bolt from her hand at Mugino, and as Mugino created more spheres to redirect the lightning bolt, she jumped up agiley and pulled herself to a wall with a few bolts of electromagnetic energy.. she then ran along the wall with her electromagnetically charged feet, firing lightning spears from her bangs.

Mugino ducked the lightning spears as they carved scars into the concreted behind her, firing 3 Meltdowner beams at the same time.

Mikoto propelled herself out from the wall, twisting in mid air, barely dodging the beams as she came down at Mugino. She dropped down behind the Meltdowner and aimed an kick at her abdomen. Mugino held up an arm and blocked the kick with her fist before grabbing Mikoto's leg and pulling her forward.