don't walk home alone

based off the case of brandon swanson

cw - horror, noctiphobia, fear of the unknown, stalking, no ship this time <3

🖤🖤🖤

it's dark outside.

katsuki checks the time. on his phone, the screen flashes a time of 10:45.

his mom texted him 30 minutes ago.

old hag:
when are you coming home?

to which katsuki resoonded with,

me:
soon, hag.
i'll be home before 11:30

the walk home from the library wasn't that far of a walk, really. a short little walk, katsuki counted how long it takes him to get to and back almost obsessively.

15 to 20 minutes. it depends on the day. it depends if izuku comes by to walk with him. it depends on if it's a rainy day. it depends on if there's a lot of people on the sidewalk on a certain day. there's many possibilities that could happen on that short little walk.

but there's a problem. katsuki always went home at a specific time. in the spring and summer, he gets home at 6 or 7. fall and winter, it'd be 5 or 6. 7 at the latest.

but he got here late, and overstayed his welcome.

now katsuki has to walk home. at night.

something that he isn't looking forward to. mainly because of all the news he's been hearing about.

people going missing in the middle of the night. usually, katsuki would just sigh in relief that he isn't one of them. that he's safe in the confinement of his home.

but now, he's outside. in the pitch black night. the scent of night air barely does a thing to calm his nerves.

he checks the time once again. 10:50.

katsuki grabs his bag, puts on his hoodie, and walks out of the library and onto the sidewalk that he steps onto every day.

the sidewalk that he was so certain that was safe.

but it's only safe during the daylight. where the sun gives katsuki a false sense of security that nothing would happen.

katsuki walks down the path. he never remembers it being this quiet. this... long. it's as if the night makes it more eerie than it should be. the silent rustle of the air blowing leaves in the trees. the sound of katsuki's shoes hitting the concrete.

katsuki grips his phone in his hand. he should've taken out his pepper gel as a safety precaution.

his mind goes to his taser. but the thought of being attacked by someone who has an intent to kill... not even a taser would take them down.

because when someone has that intent to harm you and they're dead set onto that goal... katsuki shudders.

yeah, he should've taken his pepper gel out rather than keep his phone in his hand. because what good is that going to do?