Chapter 51: Alcohol and Sleeping pills

A week has gone by since the attack.

"I cannot believe that I slept through all this" My mother gasped again in horror. She has been doing that quite a few times in the past hour. She paced in the living room as we were talking about the whole Ella incident. Hades was sitting on my favourite couch while I sat on him. We were chilling at my mother's house as she invited us for dinner. 

"I thought that you were dead at some point" Jason snickered while Julien nodded in agreement. We have not had the time to catch up since the attack. 

The police. The ambulance. The journalists. The paparazzi. The emotions. 

It was all too much. 

"Was it just the alcohol?" My mother asked in disbelief. 

"Alcohol and some sleeping pills, I think" Julien clarified while fixing the bandage that was on his arm. Julien was quite proud of his wound as he said that it would make seem look more manly and scary. 

Oh, I might forget, He also said that he will have a story to narrate to his grand children. 

"I could have died!" My mother exclaimed in pure horror. Her hands covered her mouth while she stared at us with wide eyes. 

"But you're alive, mom" I sighed in amusement. The shock of shooting someone, was still there on my side. However, the relief of having my family safe, was more important and it took over. I was simply glad that we were all here, without any threats out there. 

"You can at least act a little bit worried, Luna. I am your mother" My mother mumbled before popping open the bottle of champagne. 

"You're opening another bottle of alcohol, mother! Why would I be worried?" I laughed. 

"You would have thought that she's be traumatised with alcohol by now" Julien added. My mom turned to glare at him, then proceeded to lift the empty flute in the air. 

"I'm glad it kept me out through all this ordeal. I would have died of fear otherwise" My mother said gratefully before pouring herself a flute of champagne. "Do not hesitate to serve yourself because I am not doing to" she then added nonchalantly while walking to the couch. 

"Such a welcoming woman, you are" Jason mumbled sarcastically but I could see the amusement glimmering in his eyes. He was warming up to my mother as well. 

"You're sitting in my living room, aren't you?" she retorted. Hades chuckled from next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder before closing my eyes. The feeling of pure safety and security that I felt with Hades by my side, was immense. His hands were wrapped around me, keeping me very close to him. 

"How are you feeling?" I turned my head to look at my handsome man. His lips were a few millimetres from mine. His eyes connected with mine and I gulped at how intense he looked. "You have beautiful eyes, Mrs Reigns" He whispered. I playfully rolled my eyes, then peck his lips making them move upwards. The best thing about kissing him, was seeing the anticipation that he unwillingly had in him. 

The way his eyes lit when I would move closer. 

The way he would run his tongue on his lips upon seeing mine. 

The way his breathing speeds up upon me moving closer to him. 

"Mrs Reigns?" Julien scoffed from next to us. Jason was already shaking his head while my mother was moving her finger in a no motion. 

"No, no, no" My mother tssked. 

"Mrs Reigns" I questioned, before biting my lower lip while I contemplate the idea of holding his last name. 

"Where's the ring, buddy?" Julien questioned as he jumped right in front of us. In a matter of seconds, my hands were in his and he acted as if he was inspected. "Uh, No ring here" he observed tauntingly. Hades rolled his eyes at how dramatic Julien was. 

Ding! Ding! Ding! 

 A frown quickly formed on all of our faces. My mother has stopped drinking her champagne but the flute was still pressed hard against her lips. Julien shrugged when Jason stared at him. With a groan, I stood up, earning a disapproving look of Hades. We were all still scared shitless of being attacked again. 

Who wouldn't be?

"If we do not open the door, we will not know who it is" I said hesitantly as I started walking towards the front door. With no surprise, Hades stood up and followed me. He was doing a better job than my own shadow. I was truly impressed. When we reached the door, he quickly huffed in annoyance. He physically moved me away from the door so that I was now standing behind his huge figure. 

Ding! Ding! Ding! 

"If it is someone we do not know, you run t-" Hades started. 

"Open the damn door, Hades. I want to sit down now" I sighed in irritation as my hand moved to my stomach. My baby was getting bigger and heavier. My poor back was getting tired and achy. Hades opened the door and I watched as his posture stiffed. 

Cold Hades was back. 

"I heard about what happened. We went on holidays for two weeks and came back just last night" Jace said in a rushed tone. He sounded so worried. 

"Is Luna okay? Her baby?" Angie's voice was heard. 

"Our baby is fine" Hades responded coldly. I moved from behind him and gently squeezed his hips. He was going to scare them away at this point. 

"We are good" I reassured with a smile. I watched as relief instantly formed on their faces. "Do you want to come inside?" I asked and both of them quickly nodded. 

"How's Julien?" Jace quickly asked as soon as he stepped in. "I saw on the news that he was shot. That is the only fucking thing that they said. Not even how he is doing!" he busted out. Typical Jace does not know how to control his emotions when he is worried. 

"I am alive and still kicking it!" Julien cheered as he walked to the main door. He was most probably coming to check on us.