Chapter 26: Leave Then

I was pacing in the bedroom. I had locked the door so that Hades wouldn't be able to walk in. I couldn't believe how clueless he was. I knew that he sucked at relationships, but I didn't know it was that bad. I wanted to know who that Laura was. I didn't know why she was acting as I didn't exist and why the disrespect when she knew pretty damn well that I was here?

"Bitch" I muttered. I could feel my emotions going all over the place. They were enhanced and destructive. I didn't want to face Hades right now as I knew that I wa going to say some mean things that I was going to regret later. It was really not his fault.

Hades did tell me that he didn't know how to do relationships.

But truly, who did?

We all learnt some way or another.

"Let me in" I heard Hades order from the other side of the door. He knocked softly and waited for my response. With a sigh, I opened the door and glared at him as soon as my eyes found him. "I swear" Hades breathed as he walked into the room. I sat on the edge of the bed, crossed my arms and stared at him. "I don't even know what to do or say anymore. You're never happy" He said with clenched jaws.

And here I was, hoping that he was going to apologise.

"You do shitty things! And expect me to be happy about it?" I snapped in anger. I was tired of holding on.

"I didn't do shit, Luna" Hades snapped back before running his hand in his hair in pure frustration. He turned his back to me and rested his hands on his waist, facing the wall.

"Exactly" I agreed. "You didn't do shit, Hades. You didn't say anything when Laura was assuming that I was your booty call" I scoffed. "You supposedly spent your late nights at work, trying to figure out this stalker and the threats. And here, Miss Laura doesn't know the existence of the person concerned, Hades" I told him. "It all doesn't add up" I continued. I felt overwhelmed.

Tired.

Very Pregnant.

"Do you trust me, Luna?" Hades suddenly questioned. He turned around to look at me. Did I trust him?

"That's a tough question to ask when you know very well that you've been hiding things from me" I said in disbelief. "That's a tough question to ask when suddenly there's a business partner who begins to call you at home" I continued. "That's a tough question to ask when you couldn't stand up for me when Laura was assuming that I was a booty call" I could feel my eyes tearing up. "What do you expect me to say Hades? I am tired. I feel tired and I feel like I have to teach you what is normal or not. I know you said that you didn't know how to maintain a relationship. But damn Hades, it's all about respect. It's all about a fucking human feeling" I snapped. His eyes bored into mine as his face turned all cold.

Intimidating.

But I wasn't intimidated.

"I am fucking trying my best" Hades sneered. "How the fuck was I supposed to know that you would have taken into consideration what Laura said?" He continued, making my eyes pop in disbelief. "She is not fucking important" He said in exasperation. "I don't fucking understand you. You're never fucking happy, Luna! Let's fucking face it" Hades was glaring at me. I swear that I could see hatred glimmering in his eyes.

"Respect is fucking important, Hades! And no! I'm not fucking happy!" I shouted before walking to the balcony door. I was feeling suffocated. I needed to get out of here.

"Do you think I'm happy, Luna?" Hades scoffed in disbelief.

And that was it.

"I'm leaving" I said then gulped before turning to look at him. One tear rolled down my cheek as I stared at Hades in defeat. His eyes widened before they hardened.

"You're not" Hades said, his voice weirdly calm. It was way too calm.

"Hades. I am leaving" I told him then walked back into the room. I picked up my phone and wiped my tears away. I just wanted to get out of here. We were both making each other's life hard for the moment.

"Luna. You're not leaving" Hades snapped as I took my handbag. I opened it to fish out my keys then breathed in relief as I pulled it out. "We will sort this shit out" He said.

"We will" I agreed. "For the moment, I just need to leave. We are both so toxic for each other" I sighed.

"Because of one misunderstanding?" Hades asked.

"Because of repeated misunderstandings. Because of the little things that aren't important to you, but is to me!" I said. "Your reaction to this is what is pissing me off! You're normalising something that isn't normal" I continued, not even bothering on whether I made sense or not.

"No! I just don't fucking bother about things that aren't fucking important!" Hades said angrily.

"Well, my feelings are fucking important" I breathed through my tears.

"Luna. Sit" Hades demanded as he took a few steps in my direction. I placed my bag on the drawer then turned my attention to him. "You're tired and pregnant. Please" He sighed while closing his eyes. "This is not good for our baby" he said as he reached me. He placed his hand on my elbow and I instinctively moved away.

"I'm leaving for a few days, Hades" I said in determination and stared at him. His eyes widened again. Maybe he didn't hear me the first time. I just wanted some times away.

Some times on my own.

"So is it how it's going to be? You leaving at each little problem that we might face?" Hades asked, with a frown on his face.

"No. I'm leaving because that's what we both need at the moment. It's what our baby needs" I said while staring at my big rounded belly. He scoffed, move to the door then turned to look at me with no facial expression.

"Leave then" he simply said.