Chapter 22: Red Envelope

"You smell like sex" Julien muttered accusingly as soon as his eyes fell on me when I walked in the living room. Hades had to go to his home office to do a few phone calls. I didn't mind as he was supposed to be at work.

"I took a shower" I responded as I plopped myself on the couch next to him.

"So you had sex!" Julien exclaimed before cringing. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my lips. "Did you use protection at least?" He questioned. I frowned at his question. He then faked gasped before face palming himself. "Oh sorry. It doesn't matter as you're already pregnant" he said. I stared at him in confusion.

"Was that supposed to be sarcasm?" I asked him.

"No. That's facts" Julien said smartly. "You just have too much sex. That's why you're pregnant" he then added playfully.

"There's nothing as too much sex. And you got Miss Daddy's Girl pregnant, you dumb fuck" We both turned our attention to Ella. She was standing by the door with Jason behind her.

"I knew that it was a mistake to invite her" Julien groaned before letting his head fall desperately against the couch pillow. Ella rolled her eyes and strutted her way to us. She was wearing a pair of sweat pants that didn't look like hers. I frowned when she handed me a red envelope.

"What is this?" I questioned confusingly.

"It looks like an envelope to me" She shrugged while plopping herself next to me.

"No way!" Julien gasped sarcastically.

"I found it on the gate" Ella said lazily. She seemed so calm and at peace. Jason was doing a good effect on her. I turned my attention back to the envelope and stared at it for a few seconds. Why would something leave an envelope on the gate?

"Maybe you should give it to Hades?" Jason suggested.

"It looks weird to you as well, doesn't it?" I breathed.

"Yep" Jason nodded curtly as he made his way to where Ella was sitting.

"Do you think that I won't be able to handle what's in there?" I questioned with a frown.

"You guys are overthinking it! It might just be electricity bills for all we know" Julien scoffed in exasperation and decided to scroll through Netflix to look for a new movie to watch. I tore the envelope without giving it a second thought. At the same time, I could hear footsteps behind me. Hades always seemed to have a bad timing.

"Can I have it, sweetheart?" Hades asked politely, placing his hand in front of me. I squinted my eyes while I stared at the red mystery.

"No" I responded casually. I turned to look at Hades and shrugged. "I opened it already" I told him then without looking at him, I pulled the piece of paper that was in there. There was a lot of writings but I quickly noticed that it was addressed to me.

'Dearest Luna,

I always wondered what it was like to be you. I always wondered what it was like to have so many people at my feet.

Little Puppies.

But you know what? You don't deserve it. You don't deserve what you have in your life. And you certainly don't deserve this baby or this life with Hades. I am here to fix this. You're just an error in this path.

I am going to fix this.

Anonymously,

Yours.'

I gulped after reading the letter. I handed it to Hades then leant my back against the pillow. There was someone out there that wanted to harm me. That person seemed to know me and the people surrounding me. I noticed Hades passing the letter to Julien. I didn't remember the last time I saw Julien that serious. His eyes scanned the letter after reading it. Jason moved to pull the letter out of his hand to know what the deal was. Ella and Jason were now both reading the letter.

"This has to be a female" Ella snapped her finger when she was done. "I smell jealousy and envy off this letter" She continued. She seemed disgusted.

"I think we all need to agree that this letter seems very feminine. And I also think that it's a woman because I can see that she wants Luna's life. She wondered what it was like to be her" Julien said , trying to point out the obvious.

"Hannah?" Ella questioned hesitantly. I turned to look at Julien who simply rolled his eyes. "What?" She asked him in annoyance.

"We can't assume" Julien said.

"Just because you fucked her, doesn't clear her as a fucking suspect" Ella snapped. I could see Jason drawings small circles on her arm to calm her down.

"Hannah has good reasons to act this way" Jason told Julien while shrugging.

"She does" Hades said more to himself than to us. There was a lot of thinking going on in this space and I could feel myself zoning out.

"Let's not just go around accusing people" I whispered loud enough for anyone to hear. "We're public figures at some point. It might just be fan who thinks it's funny to leave these messages" I continued.

"We're not taking any risks" Hades muttered before taking the letter from Jason.

"We're not taking any risks" I mimicked him before rolling my eyes. "You can do whatever you were planning to, tomorrow" I said and patted the spot next to me. "Come hang out with us" I invited.

"I was planning to get this letter to my investigation team" Hades said formally while turning around. Was he really going to leave again?

"You're not" I breathed, trying to keep my calm. Hades turned around to look at me. No. He was glaring at me. I might have sounded controlling when I did this but I didn't want this letter to ruin this moment.

"Andres, get me my car keys please" Hades barked, his eyes not leaving mine. I frowned at this. What was this? He was completely ignoring me. I wanted him to stay here with us.

Hades then walked out of the house without saying anything to me.