Chapter 17: Here with me

It has been two weeks that I have been living in Hades' house.

Our home.

I stared at the clock and huffed in annoyance. I was sprawled on the couch. The television was playing in the background but my attention was not on it. It was nearly eleven at night and Hades was still not back home.

This has been going on for several days now. Was that how Hades lived his life? He lived for his work. I clenched my jaws as my overthinking mind started creating some crazy stories.

Maybe I was not enough for him.

I wanted to be his priority.

I slapped my forehead and shook my head. My hormones were messing with me. I rolled my eyes then pushed the pillow off me. I turned off the TV, fixed the couch then turned off the light of the living room before making my way to our bedroom.

I was angry.

My eyes quickly switched to Persey who was already curled up in bed. At least, I was not alone. I took off my gown then slipped under the blanket. Persey woke up, walked to my feet and settled comfortably before falling asleep again.

I stared at the ceiling then moved my head to the empty place next to me. I hated that. I would go to sleep with an empty bed and I would wake up to a sleeping Hades. He then would have to wake up and go to work.

Was I demanding too much?

Hell No.

I stared at my phone, vaguely contemplating the idea of sending Hades a message to let him know how pissed I was. But I quickly shook my head. It was a conversation that I wanted to have with him face to face.

My eyes widened when I heard a faint noise. Then I could hear steps walking up the stairs. I could hear Hades talking over the phone while he made his way to the bedroom. I quickly turned on my side, closed my eyes then pretended to be asleep.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow. Luna is sleeping" Hades whispered. I tried to control my breathing while I listened to him. I could hear him walking around the room. "Yes" he whispered. "I'll ask her tomorrow then I'll let you know. Have a chat with Julien too" Hades continued. I frowned at his words. What did he have to ask? After a few seconds, I heard him put his phone on the bed side table. He sat on the bed and I didn't hear anything for a few minutes.

"Persey" I heard Hades whisper. I felt our little puppy moved. He probably walked to Hades. "Did you look after mommy today?" He asked him seriously. I couldn't help but smile at his words. I turned around, opened my eyes to see my beautiful boyfriend. He had Persey on his lap. His eyes quickly moved and a smile appeared on his face. "Hey, sweetheart" he greeted, placing Persey back on the bed and turning his body fully to me. He laid on his side so that we were now facing each other.

"Hey" I whispered.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked me, sounding quite apologic.

"No" I responded. "I was already awake. I was waiting for you" I said, a frown slowly forming on my face. He gently placed his hand on my face and gently caressed the corner of lips. His eyes were focused on mine.

"Sweetheart, you shouldn't have" he breathed. I rolled my eyes then moved his hand away from my face.

Talk. Without yelling would be good.

"Yes. I shouldn't have. In fact, I shouldn't be waiting for you. Because you're supposed to be here" I muttered before sitting up. I tied my hair in a messy bun then turned to look at him. He was up too. He looked confused. "Hades, you're barely home" I breathed.

"It's just for a moment. A few weeks" Hades said. His tone turned cold.

"No" I shrugged. "No. I want you to be here with me" I demanded.

It was at that moment that I realised how stupid I sounded. I was being demanding. I was acting so entitled.

"That's not what I meant" I sighed in defeat. I placed my hands on my face then inhaled deeply to calm myself.

"Tell me" Hades started slowly as he gently took my hands away from my face. "Tell me what you mean then" he asked kindly.

What did I do to deserve him?

"You were barely home these past few days and I miss you. I miss dinner with you. I miss falling asleep next to you" I breathed honestly. A small grin crept on his face as he slowly pulled me to him. I could feel the heat creeping up my cheeks.

"Is that all that you miss, Miss Jenkins?" Hades asked as he slowly dug his head in the crook of my neck. I could feel the goosebumps rise on my skin as he gently blow. I fought with all the cells with my body to gently push his warm body away from me.

"I'm serious" I sighed. He rested his forehead against mine and pushed me back in the mattress before getting on top of me. He was straddling me with a proud grin on his face.

"I stayed at the office till late" he started and moved closer to me so that his forehead was resting against mine again. "Because we're investigating on the threats. And I certainly don't want to bring these stress at home" he explained. I rolled my eyes, placed my hand on his cheek.

"Bring it home" I whispered then playfully slapped his cheek. It was gentle. "I don't mind because as long as you're here, I feel like I can deal with any shit thrown at me" I admitted. A smile slowly formed on his face before he crashed his lips to mine.

I was missing this too.