Chapter 4: Butt

Three weeks have passed.

It was my last day of class. I was going to start my internship in my mother's company soon. I stared at the students walking around. I was sitting at a table in the front yard of the school. It was very peaceful here. I was waiting for Ella and Julien to walk out. I occasionally saw Jace and Angie. They completely ignored my existence.

Acting as if I was not there.

It has been three weeks since I last saw Hades. Three weeks since I felt as if my heart was the heaviest part that I had to carry with me every single day. I was tempted to send him a text a few text to let him know about the pain that he was causing me.

The temptation would come at night, when I would be curled in ball, crying my heart out. This was not how I ever pictured my first pregnancy to be. I always wanted to get a simple beautiful wedding and after a few years of travelling with my husband, I would get pregnant and have my own home with my beautiful family. The fact that Hades never tried to contact me again, was what really bothered me. He never really cared and loved me.

"I can't believe that we'll be leaving this place soon" Julien said, breaking my trail of thoughts. I turned to see him putting his bag on the table. He sat on the bench next to me, then flashed me one of his brightest smile. Julien was a very handsome man. He was a very good soul too. I have never seen him hurt a woman. He values woman. He was beautiful, inside out. I was lucky to have him as my best friend.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me.

"You're very handsome" I said with a smile. "And I am very lucky" I continued.

"Thank you" He said as a small frown formed on his face.

"What?" I asked in amusement.

"I think your hormones are acting up" Julien commented casually, making me glare at him. "Two compliments out of nowhere? Definitely the hormones" He spoke to himself while pulling his phone out of his bag. I rolled my eyes at his comments. "Ella is coming here with Jason" he said, reading a text message that she most probably just sent him.

"Great, I haven't seen Jason in a while" I told him with a smile. My hands were rubbing my tummy, feeling my eleven weeks bump. Three weeks ago, it was less noticeable.

"When are you planning to tell Ella?" Julien asked me, his eyes eyeing my tummy. Ah, yes. I haven't told Ella yet. I was scared that she might tell Jason about it. Then, Jason would have snitched to Hades. I am not yet ready to confront Hades about this.

"I will have to tell her soon. She will be pissed that we even hid it from the beginning" I breathed. Julien nodded in agreement, then we both remained quiet. He was most probably trying to picture Ella reacting to that news.

"Hey Buttcheeks! Who will be pissed?" Ella asked as she came from behind me. I glared at Julien for not letting me know that Ella was coming.

"My mother" I lied smoothly as I turned to look at Ella.

"Why buttcheeks?" Julien asked in a mixture of confusion and disgust. I didn't know whether he was genuinely curious about this question or whether he was trying to divert the attention away from the topic.

"Because even though there's crap between us, we stick together?" Ella explained as if it was obvious. Julien shook his head in disbelief before scoffing.

"At this point, I don't even know whether I am the one who's dumb or" Julien didn't have the time to finish his sentence.

"You're dumb" Ella said with finality.

"Ah, I've missed hanging out with children" Jason faked cheer as he sat in front of me. "I've missed you, butthead" he said while looking at me. I rolled my eyes then shoot my head in amusement.

"Buttcheeks. Butthead. What the fuck is wrong with these nuts?" Julien mumbled to himself. Ella sat down then stared at all of us seriously.

"We need to have a serious conversation" she started.

Uh oh.

"What is happening now?" Julien asked in exasperation.

"What is happening is that we are finally done with this shit!" Ella exclaimed in happiness while pointing towards the school. "We have to celebrate!" she continued.

"School is not shit" Julien interjected.

"No one asked your opinion" Ella mentioned casually before turning to look at Jason. "Let's fly to whole different country! Bali, Hawaii! Bora Bora! Or The Maldives! Mauritius!" she exclaimed.

"Calm down, Olaf" Jason laughed.

"Olaf?" Julien questioned himself again.

"Olaf. Frozen?" Jason tried.

"Why Olaf?" Julien asked. Julien seemed to be questioning himself about his social choices. He didn't seem to have any sane friends. He was too wise for us.

For real.

"She's cute like Olaf" Jason shrugged. "And instead of having the carrot on the face, she has it in the pu-"

"Oh My Lord, Jason. Shut up!" I exclaimed before bursting into laughter. Julien seemed to be having a freaking seizure. He was laughing so much that he was having tears rolling down his cheeks.

"What the hell am I doing with you guys?" Ella asked in disbelief.

"I'm not lying" Jason said smoothly, his hands up in the hair.

"This was a good one, man" Julien congratulated Jason as he recovered from his laughter. He was still wiping his tears.

"Back to the Topic, what are we doing?" Ella asked seriously.

"I am not taking you out of this country" Jason said.

"Why?" Ella pouted.

"I work, honey" He pointed out.

"I start my internship soon" I said.

"Me too" Julien said. yes. My mother offered an internship to Julien too. It was the first time I was ever going to the Office. I have never been there.

"You fuckers are no fun" Ella snapped.

"We can still go out tonight" I offered.

"Dinner?" Ella asked.

"Yeah. Choose the place, we'll meet at seven?" I offered.

"I'll text you the place" Ella said. The guys simply nodded.