Chapter 46: State of Panic

With a groan, I opened my eyes as my stomach grumbled. I hated when that would happen. A frown instantly formed on my sleepy face when I felt the lack of warmth by my side. My hands tapped the surface of the bed to realise that Hades were no longer sleeping next to me. It was still dark outside, hence I frowned in confusion.

Where was he?

I stared at the digital clock, rubbed my eyes and focused on the clock again. It was 2 in the morning. My eyes instantly moved to the bathroom door and I noticed that the lights were off.

"Hades?" I called hesitantly, not wanting to wake anyone up. When there was no response, my frown deepened. I got off the bed, picked my dress off the floor and put it on. I quickly turned on the light as the room appeared to be too quiet for my liking. Alpha was nowhere to be seen as well.

Hades must have done to the kitchen.

Confusion was the only thing that I felt when I opened the bedroom door, only to see the corridors fully lit. The guest room doors were all opened and the lights seemed to be on. I hesitantly walked down the corridor, quite unsure of what was happening.

"Hades?" I called again.

Nothing.

"Luna?" I leant over the railing to see Ella standing by the stairs. "We're in the living room" she then told me, with a small frown on her face. She appeared to be worried as her arms were wrapped around her, seeming to protect herself from some omnipresent danger.

"Did something happen?" I questioned worriedly. She didn't say anything. She simply ran away, not knowing what to respond. The knot in my stomach tightened as I hurried downstairs. All the lights were off. I had a really bad feeling. My hands instantly moved to my stomach as I ran. Once I reached the living room, everyone had their back turned to me. They were sitting on the couch, facing the television while Ella seemed to be pacing around.

"Quick, Luna!" Ella snapped when she noticed that I was still standing by the door, trying analyse what was happening. Only the corner lamps lit the whole room. Goosebumps rose on my skin as I sensed danger.

"I just fucking woke up and saw them like this!" Ella cried in panic. My heartbeats started to race in fear.

"What do you mean?" I managed to speak as my feet were already sprinting to the seemingly inert figured of my mother, Julien, Jason and Hades. A gasp escaped my lips when my eyes fell on the ties.

They were all tied up, a masking tape on their mouths and their eyes were closed. I quickly fell on knees in front of my mother, my hands already holding her face, trying to see if she was still breathing. Sobs were coming from me as the tears were streaming down my face. I had no clue what was happening.

"Oh My god" I cried in relief when I felt my mother's breath when I removed the masking tape. Her eyes remained closed though. "Ella! Ella!" I cried, trying my best to overcome the panic that was threatening to take over. "Check if they are still breathing!" I cried in frustration when I saw her standing in the corner. Tears were running down her cheeks. Seeing that she was crying uncontrollably and unresponsive, I quickly pulled the masking tape from Julien's, Jason's and Hades' mouth.

"Hades!" I shook him, trying to wake him up. Nothing. His eyes remained shut, leaving me in pure despair and hopelessness. "Hades!" I cried again, shaking his shoulders, then his face when I suddenly realised that the danger was still around. I froze, rose my head and quickly scanned the room. "Ella!" I quickly walked to her,  held her hand and tried to calm my breathing. "I can't do this fucking alone! Please!" I begged, mu tears turning tear again.

"We need to get help" she finally breathed. "My phone is in the guest room" she added, her voice breaking again, fear taking over her. "I'm going to go get it" she breathed and before I could utter a single word, she ran off.

As I stood there, something ran through my mind. When I first saw Ella, she didn't seem to be panicky. If she saw them first, she would be in the same state as I was. She seemed just worried. But now, it was a whole new act. If she saw them first, why wouldn't she untie them? I was already setting everyone free. I emptied the vase that was on the side table and used the water to splash it on their faces. Confusion was swimming inside my head as it kept making different scenarios involving Ella.

She wouldn't do that.

"El-Ella" I turned my attention to Julien. He was the only one who seemed to be coming back to consciousness.

"Julien! Julien!" I hushed in a sudden relief. I didn't want to be loud. The doubt that I was feeling towards Ella was growing, without my willingness. His eyes opened and in a matter of seconds, he was in a state of panic.

"What happened?" He asked alarmingly when his eyes fell on my unconscious mother. "What the fuck happened?" He questioned again as his eyes fell on Hades and Jason. "Ella!" He then gasped after a few seconds.

"Julien, something happened. Ella and I just found you guys here. All tied up. There might still be someone in the house, Julien. We need to wake them up. We need to do something. Now!" I rambled, trying not to hyperventilate at this stressful situation.

"Ella. I remember her being in my room" Julien said suddenly, his eyes widening as they met mine. "She was the last person I saw before passing out" he panted in sudden disbelief. "She did this" he quickly accused in certainty.

"She wouldn't" I instinctively defended.

"But she did" I heard a familiar voice confirm from behind me.