Chapter Twenty Nine.

~Author's POV~

Grandma's eyes sparkled as she observed her granddaughters' loud bickering. The room was filled with the sweet aroma of fried plantains and jollof rice, but the lively conversation among the girls was the actual feast. She couldn't help but smile at how they teased and taunted each other, just like they used to when they were younger.

They were currently talking about Somi's Adams and mama decided to pitch in. "I like that boy. He too humble." Grandma failed at her attempt to wink and the girls giggled, Somi cringing at the sight.

"Yes, mama, we all like him," Sarima commented.

"We really like him o, especially when he brings us gifts. Very generous man." Homa, who had been surfing through Instagram, added her piece.

"You will not shut up! Na for nonsense talk dem dey see you." Sarima spoke before Somi could.

"Because we have not spoken about Uncle Kene abi?" Homa let out an evil laugh.

"Heh heh!" Mama sounded excited "Kene ke." Her eyes were on Sarima. "Okay oo. As all these men wan carry my pikin from me finish. Homa nko?"

"Grandma. I'm focusing on my studies o. I don't have time for any man."

"Clown! See this instagram prostitute," Somi turned her gaze to mama. "This one that's always on the phone talking to different boys." She was quick to antagonise Homa.

"Liar!" Homa seemed to be genuinely annoyed at what Somi said about her. "Mama please warn her to leave me alone and stop lying on my head. If I talk now, they'll say Homa doesn't have respect."

The twins laughed at her expression and soon Homa was crying and mama rubbed her back, assuring her that she believes what she said.

"Oyaa! e don do." mama tried to end the fun the twins were having at Homa's expense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grandma had just narrated to them the main reason why she'd invited them all together. The atmosphere was shrill as they listened to the last of her words in shattered silence.

Heartbreak was a metaphor for intense emotional pain but they could physically feel the pain and anger in their hearts.

Breaking into frustrated hot tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some years back.

Caroline and Calista were identical twins, but their personalities couldn't be any more different. They perfectly fit the good and evil twin troupe.

Growing up in the bustling city of Enugu, Caroline had always been the wild one, causing trouble wherever she went. If anything went wrong, everyone knew Caroline was to blame. Her mischievousness seemed to know no bounds, and her parents despaired of ever taming her wild spirit.

In contrast, Calista was the embodiment of peace and tranquillity. She was the quieter of the two sisters, and her gentle nature and beauty endeared her to everyone she met. Unlike her sister, Calista dreamed of leaving the city and forging her path in life. She knew the only way to do this was to get an education, so she enrolled at the University of Port Harcourt to study English.

Here, Calista met Elijah Amadi, a suave and sophisticated investment banker who swept her off her feet. Within a year of meeting him, Elijah had proposed, and Calista had accepted. They settled in Port Harcourt, where Calista began working as an English teacher in a local community school. Her life was everything she had ever dreamed of - three beautiful daughters, a devoted and loving husband, and a job she loved.