Chapter Twenty Four

~Sarima's POV~

I'd practically begged Somi to come with me to Adaeze's wedding, and she'd blatantly refused, saying she had a lot of things on her hands after coasting to some vacation spots in Nigeria with her mans. She's turning me down, her own blood.

I glared at her.

Weirdly she'd been quieter than usual these past days, mostly caught always reflecting.

The thought of going alone made me feel somehow.

Kene was with his nephew, who was vacationing at his place, they'd be going together, and he'd be busy too, considering it was his sister's wedding.

No, Ayo was out of the question too.

I figured out it was best I stopped leading him on because his efforts to sleep with me would definitely amount to nothing, and I didn't want to keep wasting my time too.

I wasn't interested.

The day was sunny and warm as I prepared to attend the wedding. I was chatting with Ronke on the new phone Somi's man, Adams got for me, and she was chiding Somi and me as we promised and failed her concerning the modelling idea she had brought to us.

There was no free time on our hands, especially with Somi's job, mine, and our school.

Ronke: As you people don't want me to eat money on top your head as model manager. She added a smirking emoji to it.

I giggled at her remark.

Ronke: One of my artisan friends made mention of one handcraft program at Lekki. It's like a competition thingy. There are prizes and sponsorships attached.

My interest spiked.

Me: Can you send me a link to get more information?

Ronke: I'll ask him.

Ronke: typing...

I was anxious and excited.

She dropped a link, and I quickly tapped into it. Unfortunately, my network was slow, and I waited impatiently for the site to load and the home page to come alive. It finally did.

I read through the page. The prize for the winner wasn't precisely specified. So I went back to Ronke's dm and starred the link, making a mental note to apply once I was back from this wedding and more settled.

Me: Thank you! I'll def apply.

Ronke: You'd better!

I smiled and looked up from my phone.

"Who's chyking this one?" Somi looked up from her books, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Everything no be man, ashawo." I stood up.

"Ehn, I agree." She looked away

Me: So wyd? How have you been?

I asked Ronke.

Ronke: Guy, I'm okay, sha... just bored at home.

I chewed my bottom lip, then typed in.

Me: Can you join me to attend a wedding?

Ronke: Yesssss.

She sent me a funny sticker of a character dancing.

Ronke: I'll come pick you up with my car by noon. Drop your house address.

I did and looked up from my phone to my outfit, which I'd been warning Homa not to rumple on the bed. She was beside it studying her spiral-bound materials and checking her phone at intervals.