Chapter XXIII

Mr. Meckenzie pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed heavily before looking at us again.

"Explain please." He said with a bored expression on his face.

I looked to my right to see Hannah and her minions were sitting comfortably on the couch like they owns the office

Yes. We are currently seated in principal office. By we, I mean Stella and I. Rest of our friends are waiting outside.

"Mr. Meckenzie!"

Stella poked her ears when the other girl screeched.

What was her name again?

"Yes Ms. Carter. Let's start with you. Tell me what happened?"

"Ofcourse sir. You maybe won't believe me but the new girl here has been bullying us from her first day!" She cried.

"Excuse me! When did I bully you?!" I throw my hands in the air to show how frustrated I am right now.

However the bald man in front of me showed his hand to me and ushered her to continue.

I looked at Stella but she was leaning back, looking very relaxed and unbothered. Placing my fingers on my forehead, I sighed.

Great! The only support I have here does not want to support me! None whatsoever!

"Harper is right sir. She dumped her food on our head first. We had to defend ourselves." Hannah shrugged and gave me a challenging look.

Mr. Meckenzie narrowed his gaze at her. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when someone entered the room.

We all looked towards the door to see Victor and Cesco.

Victor was wearing his usual suit but when I saw Cesco, I couldn't control myself from laughing out loud. He was wearing tee and shorts with Tom and Jerry print and on top of that, he wore a bandana on his head which made him look a little funny.

"What are you wearing?" I gave him an amused look when he came and sat on one of the chair in front of our principal.

"Don't look at me like that. I was playing basketball when I got a call from school that certain someone has been stirring up trouble." Cesco glared at me playfully while I bit my lip to stop myself from grinning.

I wasn't a least bit guilty of causing trouble this time.

Victor cleared his throat. When I looked at his stern gaze, I lowered my eyes to my lap. 

"Thank you for coming on such short notice Mr. Espesito. I called you here because your sister was engaged in a food fight and the girls here are saying that she has been bullying them." As soon as Mr. Meckenzie said those words, Victor's usually cold gaze hardened tenfold.

The trio flinched when Victor looked at them.

"I see."

Then he looked at me and beckoned me over with his hands.

I padded my way over to where he was sitting, looking down the entire time.

"Look at me bambina."

I looked up as soon as I heard a low voice coming from him. A pout formed on my face involuntarily when I saw we are at same level even though he is sitting on a chair.

Not fair.....

A coughing sound was heard from my right. I narrowed my gaze at Cesco when I saw him laughing behind his fist.

"Scarlett." Victor said.

"Yes?" I squeaked, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Is it true? did you bully her?" He asked me in a non judging voice. I was overwhelmed by the fact that he didn't trust our principal and decided to ask me first.