Chapter I

I reach home goofing around with my friends when I see another car pulled up in front of my home.

"Hey um guys I have to go, you can go ahead."

Karl looked in the direction of my home and nodded But Fia on the other hand was another story.

"Really now Letty? Didn't you say you'll hang out with us today. We hardly see you anymore."

It was true since my dad is always out of the town, I have to stay at home and with the final exams going on I was busy studying my ass off. Its not like I am a nerd who have her nose always buried in books but at times like these I study with all my heart to stay on top of the class.

"Don't listen to her and go, I can see there's someone waiting for you at home." Adrian smiled at me

Sofia pouted but cycled with the boys in other direction, probably to the ice cream parlour.

I was dreading this day but here I am, in front of my home waiting for my dad to finally drop the bomb.

"Hey angel, you're home" dad smiled at me but I can clearly see that he is nervous. And this man never gets nervous which only confirmed my suspicion.

"Do we have someone over?"

Well its obvious with some luxury car pulled up in front of our house but I don't want to make him anymore nervous than he already is.

"yeah!" He said with over enthusiasm. After which, Dad cleared his throat embarrassingly.

"I uh actually want you to meet someone but before that you have to promise me that you will react calmly to this. Yeah?"

"Gee dad, do you think I am some rabid dog who is going to pounce on your guest." I joked lamely to relax his nerves but I felt like I was doing it for myself rather than him.

"Letty..."

"Fine! Let's go we don't want your guest to wait for longer do we now." I said while ushering him to the living room.

The first thing I saw is a women tapping her high heel constantly on our wooden floor.

I felt a pang in my chest because I know what is to come next. Still I smiled nevertheless and went over to greet her.

I couldn't help but whistle in my mind when I saw her up close. Damm, she's gorgeous.

Please don't be kind. Please don't be kind.

I repeated the same words over and over again like a mantra.

The older man beside me cleared his throat to gain her attention. But when he did, she rushed to my side like I am some candy.

"Hello! you must be Scarlett. I am Maria espesito and Oh my! Look at you, You are more beautiful than what your dad told me."

I was going for a handshake but she clearly didn't understand my intentions because next thing i know i am being squished against her boobs.

"Can't...breath...."

"Oh I am so sorry honey. Its just...I am so happy to finally meet you. I was getting tired of all the snooping around to be honest."

Maria let out a relieved sigh while she tucked a strand of my hair back lovingly. Ah, not the kind gesture please.

I looked towards my dad at this. He was shuffling on his feet, clearly looking very uncomfortable
I raised one eye brow at him as to say what the hell is this lady saying?

He scratched his neck before speaking "Angel I think you should sit down first."

I sighed and motioned for him to go on after sitting down.